Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Sprite hovering problem...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all. I'm having a small issue with writing some code which will check if the mouse is hovering over a sprite within my game. The game i'm writing is a card game which deals with cards as sprites which are in stacks. I've developed the game so that when a player hovers over a small preview of the card on the table, a full size version of the card is shown in a preview window in the corner. The problem occurs with my hover checking code when two cards are stacked and only part of the card underneath is visible. I get flickering in the preview because the game is confused about which card to show since both are overlapping.

Does anyone have any ideas about a way to make a function which gets which card is underneath the mouse even if its only partially visible without it also returning all the cards beneath which are part of the stack of cards?

Thanks in advance guys, you always deliver!

Windows XP Home Ed. SP/2 ---> GeForce FX 5500 - 256MB
160 GB HD ---> 1 Gig RAM
Acolyte
Years of Service
User Offline
bump*

So i'm thinking either this is really simple and i'm going to feel dumb about checking for this in .NET or it's really complicated and that's why no one has any ideas yet. I've just learned how to do a check for this in c++ using the GDK; however, is there a better way to check for this if i'm coding it in one of the .NET languages?

Windows XP Home Ed. SP/2 ---> GeForce FX 5500 - 256MB
160 GB HD ---> 1 Gig RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:06:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:06:24