Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / ZParticle and the MultiCam-Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 21:24 Edited at: 8th Jul 2009 21:27
Hi there,

Im currently working on a new game and searched for a good Particle system. I found ZParticle very useful and thought about using it. But when I started my game with shaders I saw that some Rendering problems accure.

The Problem is that the particles would need something like
"Set Object Mask"

I know that this was allready discussed when ZParticle was released. But the problem is still present. So I contacted the Creater of ZParticle and asked him if he could integrate a new function like
"ZP Set Emitter Camera Mask" or something.

He answered that he isn´t working on the Particle system anymore. But he said he could send me the Source Code if I wanted to add that Command.

The Problem now is that the Particle system is written in C++ and I cant make that since I dont know C++.

So what Im looking for is somebody that knows C++ to integrate the new command in the ZParticle system. I have the Source code. But I dont want to just upload it here.

If you think you can manage that pls write into this thread.

EDIT: If you guys know another Particle system that can handle Camera Mask that would also be very useful XD.
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 22:00
send me the source if you can get it and i will update it for you and everyone , its a nice particle system ,worth developing further .

Ive made a few plugins so i`m quite capable , i was thinking of making one for myself ,so chance to develop this system further would be cool .

my email is in the box below .

thanks chunks

nvidia geforce 9500gt + amd athlon 64
windows vista ultimate.
Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
I sent it. I hope this works ^^

I dont think it will be to hard to integrate.
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 01:17
looks good , i need to do some research on getting dbpro`s camera data , and then all should be good , will get back to you as soon as i have something .

chunks

windows vista ultimate.
Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 02:30 Edited at: 9th Jul 2009 02:32
As far as I understand it the Particle system creates normal DB objects ... doesnt it? So all we should need is the DB command "Set Object Mask"

for example:
Set object Mask "Number",2^0

At least theres a DBWrapper in it. So I assume it´s a big particle management system that uses DB Objects. But maybe Im totally wrong XD
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 19:07
@Diggsey got it thanks i come across it earlier in the year.

It might be worth while someone else taking a look too because this plugin doesn`t render any db objects they are all planes made in directx , i will suss it eventually but it might take a while .

thanks chunks

windows vista ultimate.
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 17:42
@diggsey

have you any idea how to initialize this because i can`t seem to make it work , i need to retrieve the D3DTS_VIEW & D3DTS_PROJECTION for each of the cameras.

chunks.

windows vista ultimate.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 20:10
Get the camera structure from Diggsey's linked thread and download the camera header file.

Then you follow the instructions in his thread to get a pointer to the camera you require and cast that void* pointer to a tagCameraData* pointer. Finally, you now have access to both the projection and view matrices via that pointer.

chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 21:21
Thanks for the info , i managed to do that but i think this requires someone with more directx experience its a little beyond me , so its open for someone else to try .

If anyone else wants a go you will have to email the poster .

thanks chunks

windows vista ultimate.
Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 15:55 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 15:55
If someone is interested you can give him the source code chunks ... it´s only important to mention the original creator in case of a new release.

I wont probably be on this board for a few days since I got some problems with my internet ... we couldn´t pay the bill so they cut it to 8KB/s XD same goes for upload. That kind of destroys the fun on the internet ^^"
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 20:45
okies no worries , wish i could have done it for you but i have only just started using directx myself , if it was a case of wrapping the set object mask command it would have been wrapped up by now , anyways hopefully someone will show some interest .

send me an email if anyone is interested in having a go at this and i will send the source .

chunks.

windows vista ultimate.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:40:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:40:25