Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / DBProsetup10.dll is giving me TROUBLE! (in V1.09)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2009 03:52 Edited at: 16th Jul 2009 07:15
Hi, I have FPS Creator X10. I'm posting this issue on its own thread, since I haven't had much luck lately...

My specs:
Windows Vista 32-bit, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 GHz, 2 GBs RAM, NVidia GeForce 8800GT (overclocked).

My problem:
I used to have V1.01 (MATURE) of FPSC X10, which worked fine.
When I upgraded to V1.09, I couldn't test my game. I got an error message saying I needed d3dx10_40.dll. This problem was easily fixed by installing the redistributable updated version of DirectX10.

Now whenever I try to test a game, I get a different error message (attached). I searched my computer for DBProsetup10.dll (in case I didn't have it). I actually did. In fact, it was in the folder FPS Creator X10/Bin/PerfHUD-DLL.

This error message seems to be telling me that the test game engine requires a function out of DBProsetup10.dll. The only thing I can think of is to get a new version of DBProsetup10.dll. I've Google-searched this problem and can't find anything, though.

Does anyone have any idea how to either fix the problem or get a new version of the .dll? Might uploading a copy for me of your working DBProsetup10.dll help? I'm just out of ideas...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 00:46
This error means your DirectX10 install is not right reinstall it and FPSC X10 and try again.

Some PC's dont like the web installer so also try the redistributable file version of DX10

Freelance Web Designer Email me for quotes and samples of works

Windows 7, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2 Ghz, 4GB, 2x Nvidia 9600GT 1GB
Blade3327
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 02:23
I used the redistributable version of the updated DirectX10 installer.
I'll try running it again. Hopefully it'll work. Thanks.
Blade3327
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 02:56 Edited at: 17th Jul 2009 07:14
Ach, it didn't work. I also noticed something really weird. I was gonna uninstall FPSC X10, then reinstall it, but it didn't let me uninstall.
I got to the menu where you choose to modify, repair, or remove. I hit "remove," and I after a few seconds I got a message that setup.exe has stopped working.
Then I tried again and got the same message, plus something about iKernel.exe.
I've never heard of this before...

Since I couldn't uninstall the old-fashioned way, I figured I'd simply delete the FPSC X10 folder in Program Files. Then, I reinstalled the DirectX10 update.
I put in the program disc, and chose the Install option. But it didn't simply start installing. It once again gave me the menu where I could choose whether to repair, modify, or remove (which I couldn't do properly).
I couldn' modify (which would have also enabled me to fully uninstall the game properly), because the setup crashed during that, too.
Out of options, I chose repair (which reinstalls everything that was installed the last time. This may have been a problem, but I couldn't do anything else.
I then ran FPSC X10, updated to V1.09, and got the same error message again.
I figure I'm pretty much a sitting duck, until the next update (whenever that will be)... Do you think uploading a copy of your DBProsetup10.dll would fix anything?
Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 09:14
runtime error also--invalid object at line (numbers) it happens as soon as it gets to saving to executable folder-- every time --- why-- what can i do to fix this error?

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 11:33
Im helping this user via email so no more support is needed here im sure we will get it fixed soon enough (fingers crossed)

@ Armageddon Games
THat means one of the objects in yoru game is not setup correctly for FPSC i suggest you remove all the custom items one at a time and find which one it is.

Freelance Web Designer Email me for quotes and samples of works

Windows 7, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2 Ghz, 4GB, 2x Nvidia 9600GT 1GB
Blade3327
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 06:24
Okay. I tried installing Windows Vista SP1 to get DX10.1 (I was sure it was the problem). It finally worked, but it doesn't have DX10.1! So, I'm still getting the same error... Man...
Spyro0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 15:54
Hi Blade3327, hope you got your problem fixed, in case you didn't heres how I overcame it, (I had the exact same problem, I think 90% of users did).

Anyway I ran a search on Microsofts website for Direct X 10.1 and was taken to a number of options, I opted to download the DXSDK_Mar09.exe (526mb) version, and everything works great now.

Sorry I can't remember the exact link.

No doubt after saying that something else will go wrong. (Murphys Law, ya know).

Smarter than the average bear.
Blade3327
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 05:18
Thanks, but I think I have that file... Wait, no I don't.
You sure it was called "DXSDK_Mar09.exe?" If so, I only have the websetup and redist setup! Lemme look for/try this and get back to you...
Blade3327
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 05:57 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2009 23:19
Well, I found DXSDK_Mar09.exe, but the version I found was 514mb...

Anyway, I installed it, but it didn't work. Sigh...

The problem has been solved!
jag productions forum
Years of Service
User Offline
plz tell me how you fixed it blade i got the same prob lol

my sig is EpIc!!!!!
Khornel
Years of Service
User Offline
Isn't it common courtesy to write how you solved the problem?

I've got the same problem. Got rid of the DirectX problem by installing the march 09 SDK, but I can't get rid of the DBProSetup10.dll problem. I've tried replacing it with the original dll from the install files, but nothing seems to work, it just says: "Error: Could not find function '?GetSessionTerminate@@YAHXZ' in 104BProSetup10.dll"
jag productions forum
Years of Service
User Offline
ive got the same problem help

my sig is EpIc!!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:54:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:54:22