Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] So x10 is better than x9 graphically? Lets see..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 03:47
Well, here is a map i am making for my game called .caliber, it will be an online shooter, but the point of this isnt the game itself, the point are the graphics,
I want to show all of you what x9 is capable of, so well here i give you the screens(srry for the last two screenies they are a bit messed up i know :S ):

And here is a video to show its not photoshop editing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvc8yDfMQfk

Suerte

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 03:51
I locked your post in theShowcase forum as this is clearly a WIP.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 03:52
yes, i know sorry i have posted in the wrong place

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 03:52 Edited at: 18th Jul 2009 03:53
X9 is 100000% percent BETTER than pathetic X10. Games on the new systems today still use X9.

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 03:53
Yup, x9 is more performance reliable, however, i will be taking this game to c++ for better performance

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 14:15
Bland level design, repetitive textures. I'm not sure how this proves anything except that you could use a little more decoration. But it looks okay.

What's this sudden obsession with C++? It's not exactly a drag and drop game engine, it's a programming language. You'll have to put quite a lot of effort to make a decent FPS engine, with the rendering, game logic and everything.

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 15:51
Quote: "Bland level design, repetitive textures. I'm not sure how this proves anything except that you could use a little more decoration. But it looks okay.

What's this sudden obsession with C++? It's not exactly a drag and drop game engine, it's a programming language. You'll have to put quite a lot of effort to make a decent FPS engine, with the rendering, game logic and everything"

I know, i am learning c++ atm, also c++ has loads more of performance, and you can make it look like you want, you can make the engine the way you want also, in fps c wasnt possible a good online engine

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 16:19
I've played FPSC multiplayer games online and they can be quite fun.I've even made a few myself.While multiplayer is limited in FPSC the games can still be quite fun.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!
JJB Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 16:23
Sweet pic, what gun is that?

I AM LEGEND: THE VIDEO GAME
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152828&b=25
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 16:56
Quote: "What's this sudden obsession with C++?"

I don't think it will last long.

Learning the basics of C++: 6 months
Learning C++ well enough to make a FPS game: 1-2 years
One person actually making a game comparable to FPSC in C++: Timeless

Brian.

Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother forty whacks.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 19:05
Quote: "Learning the basics of C++: 6 months
One person actually making a game comparable to FPSC in C++: Timeless"

Lol.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 19:10
Quote: "I don't think it will last long.

Brian.
"

For everything else, theres mastercard.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "And here is a video to show its not photoshop editing:"

Sorry to say, but I didnt even had to see the movie. Before i could say that the images are not photoshoped.
First of all, you are using a dll mod, or a source mod.
And the title is:

Quote: "[X9] So x10 is better than x9 graphically? Lets see.."

So that isnt true it must be:

[X9] So x10 is better than x9 (with mod, that slightly will improve my graphics a bit) graphically? Lets see..

It is very bland, like said before. And you have lightraces that are yellow, but outside it is blue. How can that be?

And it is a good choice to go to C++. To move one, to learn more.

Quote: "I don't think it will last long.

Brian."

Yes it sounds funny.

But... I am sure you can use load of editors. To easily get to the point he is now. I use DarkGDK + VSC++ and it is going great. So i think it is a fantastic experience to move one, and learn more. You will only benefit from it. No matter if you finish your game or not. Maybe along your way, you find something even more interesting. And you let go C++. Doesnt Matter.

Red Eye

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 21:45
Yes, i know i was using some modified things, i didnt think on that
Yeah, i ma decided in learning c++, so no problem i love programation, and i am going to be to study to be a programmer
About the skybox, yeah, i know, i didnt change the skybox Xd

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 07:08
lol, I see very little in this video that is exclusive to your mod. Recently, relief mapping on characters has been cracked, as well as segments. I would like to see that done in x9.

As far a crit goes, much everything has already been said. Very bland, plain level design. Repeating textures, etc.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 11:47
We know that x9 is better than x10 from what we've seen on these forums.

I've yet to see an X10 game which looks as good as Meat.

Eldora in X10? Dont be ridiculous.

The X10 community mainly consists of people who reckon that adding bloom and water to a badly designed game makes it more awesome than anything X9 can make. Well, that's the impression I get from half the WIPs that have been posted.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "'ve yet to see an X10 game which looks as good as Meat."

It is made with EFX Mod. So you cant compare it.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 13:26
Quote: "
It is made with EFX Mod. So you cant compare it.
"

Yes, you can. Using mods is an advantage to X9.

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 13:32
And it also uses none of the X10 features that are in EFX mod, like Bloom, water...

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 16:56
Quote: "It is made with EFX Mod. So you cant compare it."

No efx mod guys, its enbseries, i am using s4mod for ironsights

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 18:49
We're not on about your mod, we're on about Meat

Because, no offence but, yours hasnt shown us anything out of the ordinary for a FPSC game. Just a lot of graffitid segments

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 19:13
Quote: "We're not on about your mod, we're on about Meat

Because, no offence but, yours hasnt shown us anything out of the ordinary for a FPSC game. Just a lot of graffitid segments"

Ok, no problem
Mods, please dete this thread, people didnt like my level

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 19:14
Quote: "Because, no offence but, yours hasnt shown us anything out of the ordinary for a FPSC game. Just a lot of graffitid segments"

I agree in the segments part, but if you watch the video, his level design skills are amazing.

Of course, thats got nothing to go with graphic quality. =P
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I cant help but butt in here BP, is it not true that you have built this with... Dark GDK???

Quote: "Because, no offence but, yours hasnt shown us anything out of the ordinary for a FPSC game. Just a lot of graffitid segments"

Mate, whoever said that, try making some screenies this good. There not easy to make are they?

http://arenas4146.webs.com/
http://fraggaming.forum2.biz/forum.htm
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 19:37
This one is not converted to dark gdk, these screenies were taken in fps creator x9 1.09 ith s4mod

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 19:39 Edited at: 19th Jul 2009 20:19
Quote: "X9 is 100000% percent BETTER than pathetic X10. Games on the new systems today still use X9"

X10 might not be as mature as X9 but that doesn't make it a worse technology.

Quote: "We know that x9 is better than x10 from what we've seen on these forums."

You dont know that X9 is better than X10 unless you've developed with both. Going by what you've seen means nothing.

Quote: "I've yet to see an X10 game which looks as good as Meat."

Again means nothing in regards to the engine. There hasn't been a serious X10 game development showcase yet because it takes longer to make all the required textures and set everything up.

Quote: "Eldora in X10? Dont be ridiculous."

Eldora's scenes use texture baking for lighting and shadows from 3D Max. If the segments were imported into X10 they would look exactly the same.

I've attached a basic pic showing 2 segment textures and a creature with normal and specular mapping in X10. Surface shaders simply don't work on segments in this way for X9 so it is NOT as good graphically from a technical standpoint.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
The thing is that X9 is so much easier to manipulate. There are no mods for X10, there are loads for X9, its just so much more user friendly. You can do so much more things with it. All X10 games are very similar.

http://arenas4146.webs.com/
http://fraggaming.forum2.biz/forum.htm
NAACP gotme
Years of Service
User Offline
@ black:
Really good looking, nice use of light rays, looks like a balanced map, i hope people actually play this one. And you might want to take out the COD music, just a thought

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 01:17
Quote: "@ black:
Really good looking, nice use of light rays, looks like a balanced map, i hope people actually play this one. And you might want to take out the COD music, just a thought"

I had taken out the music, also by the way, thanks

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 07:53
@Arenas: I haven't seen many x10 threads her, but the amount of similar x10 games is probably the same ratio, or even smaller, as x9 games that look the same. I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy here, but I personally think x10 is better then stock fpsc x9 or even efx mod. Also, the reason there are no mods for x10 is because the program used to compile the source (DBPro x10) is yet to be released publicly.

@Aaagreen: A majority of the x10 threads I've seen here look very well designed, and now-a-days don't over-use the bloom. Also, if you'll click the link in my signature, you'll see several x10 W.I.P.s that are extremely well done, and a commercial game that has already released their first Beta. I've played it, and I think it's BOTB material. If you're curious the game is called Alex Angel.

Besides, does any of this arguing matter really because the migration will make them the same product.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 21:16
Quote: "the migration will make them the same product"

Incorrect. There is no way a pure X9 engine will achieve true GPU instancing. That is an X10 GPU explicit feature. On top of that, if someone has an X9 card, they won't be able to utilize the SM4.0 shaders that come with FPSCX10. Granted, all of those shaders are easily achieved in X9, the point remains.

The migration seems to be a dream of Lees to do something he should have done to begin with... Make one engine that can utilize both X9 and X10 effectively. I mean, honestly how HARD is it to set up an option in the Editor for us to turn on/off GPU instancing or to detect if SM4.0 is present... why not just make a single FPSC that can do everything? Why not make an FPSC that can compile X9 explicit games as well as X10 games?

Yeah, okay... I'm done. I feel like such a troll now, having read so many threads and decided to come into this one for the sake of arguing.

The one and only,

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 22:39 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2009 22:40

This thread proves X10 is better graphically

Your screens just look ok to me. Good use of lighting but they seem fairly bland.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 23:23
Quote: "This thread proves X10 is better graphically "

False, all games with impressive Graphics have been made in X9.

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 23:44
X10 flat out looks better. It's not a debate. It's not an argument. You can show pictures of X9 games all day long. It means nothing. X10 has more powerful graphics, it just doesn't have the support X9 does.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 10:45
Jenkins is right. Just because famous games haven't been made explicitly for X10 does not mean it weaker in any way to X9. Companies in general use X9 over X10 because there is still a much larger user-base for it. If everyone on the planet used X10 and had the ability to run X10 games, there would be no debate on which to use.

The one and only,

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 12:36 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2009 12:37
Quote: "False, all games with impressive Graphics have been made in X9."

-Yep.-

And Black Profductions used a dll mod. So....

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 13:45
Quote: "And Black Profductions used a dll mod. So...."

So what? Is that a crime?

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So what? Is that a crime?"

No if you read the the whole thread you maybe understand what my point was.

He is using a dll Mod. So you CANT compare.

Look at this quote of my above post:
Quote: "

So that isnt true it must be:

[X9] So x10 is better than x9 (with mod, that slightly will improve my graphics a bit) graphically? Lets see.."

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 01:32
X9 with mod is (technically) better than X10... why do I say this? because it has way better performance than X10 till now.

@Jenkins: Maybe your`e right. Standart X9 is pretty weak compared to standart X10.

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 04:52
Quote: "And you have lightraces that are yellow, but outside it is blue. How can that be?"

Actaully the only light traces I have seen are a faint white..(Mostly because of dust) but the sky is blue...? Explain that.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 14:34 Edited at: 26th Jul 2009 14:35
Quote: "Actaully the only light traces I have seen are a faint white..(Mostly because of dust) but the sky is blue...? Explain that. "

I am sure that there are even red light traces, even green or yellow. I have one that is red, and one brown and white (in my room). So....

And he already explained.

Quote: "About the skybox, yeah, i know, i didnt change the skybox Xd"

@All: Maybe my eyes are cheating me... BUT: The title is about the comparation with x9 and x10, so.... NO YOU CAN COMPARE x9 with mods(EDIT: or any dll mod. what ever), with x10.

--- Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. ---
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 04:47
Quote: "@All: Maybe my eyes are cheating me... BUT: The title is about the comparation with x9 and x10, so.... NO YOU CAN COMPARE x9 with mods(EDIT: or any dll mod. what ever), with x10. "

Look, in these days...., when you mention x9 a lot of things come to mind, like airmod, s4mod, efx mode,play mod, horror mod....
So, its like an addon for x9, this thread has been made to show what fps c x9 (yeah "shighlly modified" ^^) can do

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 19:43
So basiclly you saying X10 is nothing compared to a modified version of X9?
Pretty good analogy IMO!

Your 'Test' is hardly balanced between the two, therefore your using a modified version of X9 and comparing it to a Unmodded version of X10 without even any difference's between the two being shown(Comparison images are pretty much needed).

Not only that, the level design in your X9 level is bland, repetitive, and will get boring after awhile - Seriously now, you can't compare that map to one that's full of entities and decals and say it's better can you? - Nup, you can't.

Quote: "And you have lightraces that are yellow, but outside it is blue. How can that be?"

Well, if:
Outside = Blue,
Windows tint = Yellow,
Light Rays = Yellow & blue-white,

No one knows just what has become of her, Shattered, dull, desperate, oh so innocent and delicate. But too damn obdurate, And obstinate to let go!
Jewish dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 10:39 Edited at: 28th Jul 2009 10:42
Well said Matuka.
@Black Profductions seriously, just wondering have you ever used the x10? I'm going to use it. Here's the thing I see. Yes overall graphically x10 beats x9 unmodded. In my opinion after using fpsc x9 for 2 years and so months, I'M CHOOSING BOTH x9 and x10. I've made a gundam game in x9 with cockpit and everything. It's awesome but something is missing.... 1.better water, Yes I'm using helix's water but it's not good enough, 2.teammates, I want to make a nice gundam battle scene with enemies and teammates. 3. better graphics, and ingame video recorder. Yes I've used fraps but it acts stupid and I can't ever get it to record when i want it to. So yeah, a lot of games have been made in x9, but what if they were put in x10, give the player a team, and for any levels that are outdoor without water, throw some in there, then add maybe a lil bloom and wallah!!!! I bet there a lot of good games in x9 that could benefit if used x10. But please understand I'm NOT saying all x9 games need x10. I'm just saying I think some might actually benefit or turn out better. So if anyone reads this don't shoot down x10 right away without trying it first. Who knows maybe someone will read this and make one of the best games in fpsc history and it will be made with x10.

Koolio
Ashoka Tano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 12:24
2 questions: where did you get the cool segment texture with all the grafiti on it and from who is that gun?

Proud Member of Red Eagle Production

BOTB at http://fpscx10-online.com
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 15:11
Grafiti wall is from Wolf. It's in the forums. Well, the gun I don't know...

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 15:25 Edited at: 29th Jul 2009 15:26
Gun, gun is my self guys
Its an hk416, the replacement for the m4 carabine, the other one is a aug a3

NAACP gotme
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the replacement for the m4 carabine"

didn't they JUST replace the m16 with the M4??

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 07:50 Edited at: 31st Jul 2009 07:58
Quote: "didn't they JUST replace the m16 with the M4??"

USA is gettings some scars now, but the hk416 is going to remplace the m4 in time, its more fiable
But, we are appart of that, i am from argentina

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:28:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:28:49