Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Buying FPC X10 on ebay

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I see that X10 is on ebay for 20 dollars cheaper ($40), but if I buy online can I still get the latest updates? If yes, how?
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 09:15
yes you can. You could just download them from this board.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 14:46
Dont do it you wont get the Mature patch and any future updates such as the migration you wont get for free buy it here or you will miss out loads in future.

Freelance Web Designer Email me for quotes and samples of works

Windows 7, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2 Ghz, 4GB, 2x Nvidia 9600GT 1GB
drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
Good to know, the next, thanks. I will buy from here within the next few days. Also, the model packs for sale work in X10? Do they have the same look as X10 (reflection, etc.) or do is it just like regular fpsc? Not too knowledgable yet of game ngine lingo. Thank you for taking time out for me.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 17:26 Edited at: 20th Jul 2009 17:30
All the model packs are meant to work now but some such as MP3 dont work yet. If you buy them i would suggest going for ones that are packs 17 and above as they have the required texture sets (Diffuse/normal/specular) to allow Shader mapping to work meaning you get the nice textures that stock FPSC X10 models have not the horrible old ones seen in X9 (I dont own all these packs so not sure that all of them have this but the majority do and the newer the pack the more likely it is to work). Also as for effects like water and reflection like you mentioned above they are not determined by the model packs they will work even if the pack doesnt as they are hard coded.

So basically in short buy model packs 17 and above and you will get the best results and all will work any below that are not 100% working in FPSC X10 as of yet, and water, reflection and bloom always work.

WARNING:
DO NOT GET Model Pack 3 nothing at all works in it theres another one that does this too but not sure which one its one of the lower packs

Side Note:
Please read my specs thread before buying it is stickied at the top of this board

Freelance Web Designer Email me for quotes and samples of works

Windows 7, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2 Ghz, 4GB, 2x Nvidia 9600GT 1GB
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 11:07 Edited at: 21st Jul 2009 11:12
Well some thing in m.p. 3 do work but not enough to buy it. I bought it along time ago for x9 so I already had it for x10. But like I said not all of it works(90% of it does not work.). unless you fix it your self. And if you know how to do that then there was no need for you to buy it in the first place(Because you would be remaking everything just about)..

And DO NOT BUY M.P. 7 X10 already has it.. Found that out the hard way

But these packs work 100% (these are the only one i can say for sure work cause i own them.)

Sprite Pack 1
M.P. 1
M.P. 2(except the segments.)
M.P. 5
M.P. 6
M.P. 9(may need some new normal map to get the shaders working easy fix those)
M.P. 11 - 15(some thing are hard to get normal and specular shading on though but works.)
M.P. 17(I don't own but know that it works.)
M.P. 18
M.P. 20
M.P. 21
M.P. 22
M.P. 23

That's all I own and can say work. Now physics on the other hand do not work all that well. Some are passable and other are just not good at all..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:58:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:58:38