Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Project: Escape

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 05:27 Edited at: 31st Jul 2009 06:25

Developed by: Darimc (Stock FPSC v1.15)

Main Character: Jim

Description: Jim works for the government, mostly helping to make new highways, buildings, etc. But today he is supposed to search Itona to see what has become of it, and if it could be useful. All he has to do is descend down and check off his list to make sure it passes safety inspections for future building.

Story:
Itona was a city created as an escape. The Nazi government that ruled majority of the world was becoming corrupt. Towns, cities and even countries were being destroyed. Civil wars raged on In every continent. The Anti-Nazis put years into creating an underwater city called Project: Escape, now known as Itona. Although much planning had gone into it, somehow the Nazis had found out about their project. All who were part of it were sentanced to death. Fifty years later, in 2010, most of the world had been restored to how it was before the rise of Hitler. The governments were back to how they originally were, and the Nazis were no more more than a samll cult of meaningless people.

Progress:
Level 1: 10%
Level 2: 0%
Level 3: 0%

Screen Shots:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:06
...Nothing... No one commented or anything. Please at least say your opinion on this.

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:28 Edited at: 31st Jul 2009 00:11
Looks good so far Darimc
I'm wondering what's with the blue lighting though
And also, your lighting is a little...boxy?

Other than that it looks good, nice use of stock+custom together
Post some more progress, I'd like to see more

Dark peanut you stalker
Dark Peanut, you're scaring me

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:28 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 23:30
The entity placement looks good though that skeleton looks a little random sitting next to the fountain. I've gotta say that blue light is kind of annoying and looks out of place though. Keep it up! I hope to see more screens!

EDIT: Woah....me and ekipshi posted at the exact same time

EDIT EDIT: woah we edited at the same time too

dark peanut

Look for me on CoD4 online for PC. My username's Arbiquator (strange I know but it's the first thing that came to mind)

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:55
It looks a little bland for my tastes. I also don't like the lightmapping, seems very blocky. Then there's the blue light...

This sounds promising, I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

loler
Years of Service
User Offline
i think the windows are displaced but overall its good

its not a bug its a feature
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 01:38
Okay, I will change the blue lighting, I just thought it might give an underwater effect. About the skeleton, this place is abandoned and all the people working on it would have been killed, so that is probably one of them. The reason it is bland it because it is abandoned and never got finished, so no one had moved in yet or anything.

I will try to get the lightmapping to work better.

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh,, i missed the whole underwater thing , the blue light looks good then, maybe a bit more of a lighter blue though. looks good then, but you may want to look into creating an underwater skybox instead of using the ww2/city skybox

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 01:52
If you're trying to get an underwater look, I'd suggest to try cyan lighting. Like others said, looks a bit empty but if it's meant to be abandoned then I think it's okay.

Revelation leading to my psychosis and inspiration.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 02:00
Quote: "Oh,, i missed the whole underwater thing , the blue light looks good then, maybe a bit more of a lighter blue though. looks good then, but you may want to look into creating an underwater skybox instead of using the ww2/city skybox "
It was supposed to be an underwater city. But I made a new skybox anyway. I will get the new shots up soon.

Quote: "If you're trying to get an underwater look, I'd suggest to try cyan lighting. Like others said, looks a bit empty but if it's meant to be abandoned then I think it's okay.
"
Thanks, I updated it a little more so it is not as bland.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 02:01
I would go for a more cyan lighting if its supposed to be underwater.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 02:13 Edited at: 31st Jul 2009 02:14
I have updated the first post with new shots!

It looks better without any blue or cyan lighting.

Can anyone tell me how to make the lightmapping better? It is set to high and has a quality of 100, size of 1024*1024 and the max size is 0.

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 02:21 Edited at: 31st Jul 2009 02:21
Looking better , but you may want to look into fixing those blocky lights

To be honest i will be watching this, sounds like a very interesting concept and I'm very interested in seeing how you pull it off

Might i make a suggestion, since this is an unfinished base, you might want to think about adding construction frames, maybe have some rooms half flooded due to leaks, or some even completely flooded, not hard using the water script on the forums here

Keep us updated

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 02:21
Great! I'm not sure why your lightmapping stays blocky. Although, the new screens are much better.

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 02:28
I think I know your problem. You have light map settings put to "full lightmapping" in the editor settings? Try to put simple light maps and voilá, the problem is gone. I had this same problem and I'm pretty sure it will work.

Revelation leading to my psychosis and inspiration.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 06:00
Quote: "Might i make a suggestion, since this is an unfinished base, you might want to think about adding construction frames, maybe have some rooms half flooded due to leaks, or some even completely flooded, not hard using the water script on the forums here
"
Will do .

Quote: "I think I know your problem. You have light map settings put to "full lightmapping" in the editor settings? Try to put simple light maps and voilá, the problem is gone. I had this same problem and I'm pretty sure it will work.
"
Still no luck. Hopefully I can get it working.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 06:17
YES! I got the lightmapping to look good. I am updating the first post with better shots.

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 08:23
Darimc that looks wicked man! Definitely gives the underwater look, cannot wait to see more of the city

-Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
There we go, looking good, much better lighting lol, and the "skybox" is definitely workin it's magic as well. It's lookin good so far, keep it up

Gigga Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
If it didnt quite get finished the should it not have a bit more of a construction site look ie: tools unpaved parts of floor.

but over all good idea but try to put forward the date so it just dosn't feel lik a bioshok remake
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 16:39
Quote: "Darimc that looks wicked man! Definitely gives the underwater look, cannot wait to see more of the city
"
Thanks.

Quote: "There we go, looking good, much better lighting lol, and the "skybox" is definitely workin it's magic as well. It's lookin good so far, keep it up "
Thank you.

Quote: "If it didnt quite get finished the should it not have a bit more of a construction site look ie: tools unpaved parts of floor.
"
Actually most of the city was finished when they were discovered, but a lot of the places weren't furnished yet.

Quote: "but over all good idea but try to put forward the date so it just dosn't feel lik a bioshok remake "
I will consider that, but I do like the date it is at. Also, it will not feel like bioshock when you play it.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 18:56
I think that the date is fine. Bioshock's city, Rapture, had nothing to do with the government. In fact, it was anti-government I believe. Anyways, those new screens looks flipping awesome darmic. very nice.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 19:13
Thank you for the comment, Coach Shogun 20.

I may be using the Horror Mod for this game if all glitches are fixed in it.

Darkydude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 21:40
Stunning! Simply Stunning game! i love everything nothing bad at all as far i can see ill bookmark this page to my favs and come back now and then to watch more great job keep it up! nice story too!

Dark Productions Blog
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 21:41 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2009 21:41
Quote: "Stunning! Simply Stunning game! i love everything nothing bad at all as far i can see ill bookmark this page to my favs and come back now and then to watch more great job keep it up! nice story too!
"
Why thank you very, very much.

New update guys! I have attached a pic of the compass that will be used in the game. I will be using Knxrb's Horror Mod for this!

Attachments

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice compass, you do that yourself? Though it has no needle tip, if it's pointing north, for all we know it could be pointing south

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 22:00
Quote: "Very nice compass, you do that yourself? Though it has no needle tip, if it's pointing north, for all we know it could be pointing south "
I didn't script it, it is in the horror mod, but the graphics are all mine. It might just be the way it came out in the screen shot, it does have a tip. And don't worry, you can tell where it is pointing in-game.

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 22:29 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2009 22:30
Quote: "I didn't script it, it is in the horror mod, but the graphics are all mine."
That's what i meant. I know the compass is form horror mod, aka, the big This is horror mod, only for testing!!!

Great looking compass I'd say

This looks fun, come on!, I'm excited to see more of the areas!
If you want help with any artwork or anything let me know

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 22:53
Quote: "That's what i meant. I know the compass is form horror mod, aka, the big This is horror mod, only for testing!!!"
Oh lol, obviously. Thanks though.

Quote: "This looks fun, come on!, I'm excited to see more of the areas! "
More screens coming soon.

Quote: "If you want help with any artwork or anything let me know "
Thanks, what kind of art can you do?

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
I could do ya some textures or menu background, or even a little splash video if ya want

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 23:11
NEW SHOTS!

Some of the post office WIP.

Some of main street WIP.

Main street is very WIP. It will have more scenery, including trees or bushes. And it will also have other stores and a police station.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 23:12 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2009 23:12
Quote: "I could do ya some textures or menu background, or even a little splash video if ya want "
I may need menu graphics, I will contact you if I need your assistance, thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't even realize the double post until it was too late.

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, those are nice! Dude, I really can't wait to play this
The "Main St." Sign looks a bit, stretched/out of proportion?

Quote: "I may need menu graphics, I will contact you if I need your assistance, thanks."

Allright sounds good.

Looking forward to playing this dude, keep up the good work

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 23:40
Thanks! And about the Main Street sign, it actually isn't supposed to be like one of the small street signs, I want it to be big and noticeable so people will remember where they are.

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 20:23 Edited at: 8th Aug 2009 21:03
Don' mean ta bump

Anything happening with this game so far?
Anyways, here's somthin' i threw together pretty quick. Not so happy with the way it turned out but it's partially because i don't know what kind of game it's going to be
I can put the title on the image too if you need.

Image attached.

Attachments

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 20:46
Wow, that's awesome. Do you think you could remove the dome though? It wasn't really supposed to be encased in anything. But I could use that as a menu, really nice!

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 20:59 Edited at: 8th Aug 2009 21:24
Thank you
Ya, i can remove the dome
Like i said i didn't know what kind of game it was going to be so i went more generic. Is it going to be a horror game? A puzzler? Action? What?
If you want anything else done let me know

EDIT: Dome removed

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 02:42
@Ekipshi, Thanks! I will use that!

@Everyone, I want this to be a long-term project but I also need a project for the Ultimate FPSC Contest. I already have a side project, but this will not be entered, it will be a full game. It is NOT postponed, but I will be working on both at once.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 03:06:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 03:06:53