Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Which OS should I stick with???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 19:33
Hi!!! I have a question...

I've the following machine. Intel Pentium 4 - 2GHZ, 256 DDRAM, Sound Blaster Audigy with Surround Speakers and Geforce 4 MX 440 / 64 megas.

My current OS is Windows XP Professional. I like it a lot, but many windows aplications and newer games ( Let's say the fantastic Noone Lives Forever 2 ) are complainning about low memory. This is due WinXP and his hunger for memories... Right now I cannot afford for more memories ( this computer was already quite expensive for what it is... ) so, what OS shall I stick with. One that's fast, will fit in my computer and be stable enough for games ( most important ) and my fav. programs as DB??? Win 98/ME/2000/NT??? Or stick with XP???

Thanks in advance
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-- Rogue
snecia
Years of Service
User Offline
i would say that if you want fast and that doesnt need a lot of memory take linux slackware, but if you want games i would suggest windows 2000. you could also have linux & win2000 like me. by the way LINUX is free and most of its programs are too and there starting to adapt lots of windows hits under linux, like neverwinter nights (of course these are not free)

bybye

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 20:55
Man thanks. I'm very very curious about Linux as well. Last time I've tried to run a Linux was about 4 years ago ( lol, I started to be old ). But it was really bad on my computer. I got it freely from a magazine, which showed a nice Instalation with the pinguim but when I runned the install was a really ugly DOS penguim and I could not install even the mouse driver..... Maybe now things have changed...
Does anyone knows where to get Linux??? Freely?
Thanks once again

-- Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 21:05
Interesing... i've noticed that WinXP is memory hungrey, but only really drastically if you have an obscenely high desktop like 1280x1024 - even then i've never ran outta memory as such ... it just everything decides to lag quite a fair bit even explorer. When that happens i do a memory dump to Desktop Defualt
alot of stupid programs don't tell Windows to release them from the memory - however i would say if you do want to play games don't have 60things running ... i mean you should really only have the Game open, perhaps your dialup if you're not on Broadband
Everything else should be turned off just to make sure the game doesn't jump because the processor is still registering the programs so trying to keep finding out what they're doing all the time.

~Also i'd suggest if you have no clue where the memory dump controls are run a Quake3 engine based game ... automatically recovers memory to system defualt

its how i used to get memory back on WinME cause that was a nightmare to just sucking it up for no good reason.
wish microsoft would take a nice long look at AmigaOS 3.6 as has simply outstanding memory control (even when emulating Win98 )

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 21:13
That lag happens in Win98 aswell.

This has "Fiasco" written all over it.
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 21:28
the best microsoft OS's are both XP and 98 (for home computers.) 2K is the best for the office.

But workbench rulez, long live workbench! You can even make WB 3.1 look better than XP if your amiga has an harddrive

www.shockforge.com ShockForge Software
www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
...::::ShockForge::::...
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 21:30
and ohyea, winME is evil. i dont know why anyone baught it. if you want to ask me why you can but i cant be bothered to type right now. *sigh*

www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 21:31
Quote:
winME is evil. i dont know why anyone baught it.

baught/burned it

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 00:24
i bought WinMe Upgrade - went from Win95c because i installed Win98 once and it killed a HDD... and when i say killed i mean the thing did something funny and never worked again :\
I kinda liked Me over any of the others - but then again it was one of the easiest to edit the backbone features
i swear the final version i had was modded so many times by friends it was more an OS of its own hehee...

but still AmigaOS 3.6 - I loved workbench thou, was great ... i think i stopped getting it at 2.4 thou, it comes built into AmigaOS so hehee.
As soon as this ledgendary Amiga Alpha turns up i swear i'll be so happy - 5years for the dev of a single machine is taking the micheal

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 05:43
Ok, I'm downloading Linux. But if someone here uses it, could u please answer those questions:

- What kind of partitions can linux read? ( Fat, Fat32, NTFS ). I ask this cause I have Fat32 on one computer and NTFS in another.

- What sort of programs can Linux run? ( Let's say, 3D Max, 3D Canvas, Photoshop, DarkBASIC/Pro, DirectX applications? Tell me what I can really run with Linux? Any games??

- How is Linux for media? MP3, AVi, DivX, DVD's and all that.

- Does the manufatures usually give support for Linux? ( let's say my geforce4, my sound blaster, my DVD Rom )

- Hows Linux with Plug and Play devices? ( it has some libraris, it has no libraries at all )

I'm really, really curious about Linux, but all I see on the net are serves with Linux to usually play games as CS.

Any Linux fan please give me some tips Mandrake is 3 CD's it has to be very good Isn't it?

thanks all for tips as well

-- Rogue
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 05:45
Oh yeah, even more important. Does it have or does it run programs for dev as Visual Studio???

-- Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 06:25
Well as long as you get the lastest version, all you hardware should be supported - Oh and you're gonna love the speed increase for the GeForce4

anything that requires DirectX or Windows Libraries, is not likely to work ... not use Unix for a good while so i'm not sure what sort of improvements have been made.
If you have any doubts copy DLLs that a program requires from windows to the program directory, but i mean some won't work as they're windows only.
From what i remember there are no specific drive formats, that i can't read

If you need alot more help i'd talk in the dev community as they'll help quite a bit with Q's you have

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 06:28
Raven Vegeta, thanks a lot for the help bub I mean, thanks a lot for all the help u give me in all my questions
I will take a look on computing.net or something like that
thanks again

-- Rogue
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 09:03
I've downloaded Mandrake Linux... Last time I've tried was four-five years ago. Today it has increased for 3 CD's, it's not totally free and continues the same hard and confusing instalation... I just cannot pass throght the instalation
Well, I may wait for more 3 - 4 years and, if I'm still alive, try it again

-- Rogue
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 09:22
linux isnt an over all option
but it has some good qualitys

Power USES
an alternative to a MS server setup

a 3d render station

a video editing station
the new free video editing software looks neat

C/C++ programming, most distribs have a compiler in them depending on what u install.

Some Uni students find it valuable if they have to learn red blue or python.

It can play some games really well and emulate some windows apps very well also but that isnt always the case.

Ive seen starcraft emulated very well except for IPX networking it was solid.

depending on how new your machine is Id consider these win Oses

Win98 se / Win2k / Win XP

what do u want from your pc is question?

indi is part of Team Lunarpixel
multimedia logisitics and interactive media
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 09:55
Ahhhh, PCPLUS

their DVD mag sometimes includes whole distro's of linux. but the CD version also has Lunix on it (once in a blue moon)

May 1999 Red Hat 5.2
October 1998 S.u.S.E Linux 5.2

But sadly these do not support NTFS (?) so are useless to me

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 10:17
Cool indi. thanks for replying

Well, what I really want with my PC is that it gets stable and fast enough ( the processor is relativaly good, but not as good as AMD ). With WinXP I cannot reach the max of it. mainly, I use my computer to play games. In a second place should be program and modeling, and in third place should be have some fun with it ( watch DVD movies, listen mp3 ). In other words, I need my computer for everything I do

-- Rogue
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 10:20
well, if i remember i will tell ya when a LINUX Distro (an iso format) is one PC Plus...

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 10:29
apc an aussie mag has mandrake 9 iso 3 cd set for $9 with there normal mag cd

some bonuses
swish 152 free full version
and ut2003 demo bundled
and nutscrape7 plus the usuals

last months issue was nortons system works$109 for free
they have an email for contact also

subsquery@acp.com.au

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 11:30
ok...

Thanks u all for the help. I really apreciated and I love to be in this forum Been here since 1.6

I did, installed Mandrake 9.0 from a friend of mine. The following happened:

My hard drive is 80 GIGAS. I made 3 Partions on it using PQMagic 5.0. The Drive C:\ is supposed to be used for the OS and smaller programs, it has 10 gigas. The D:\ is my games and heavier programs besides huge downloads. It's of 60 Gigas. The rest, on the E:\ I use for backups and other few things as emulators....

I installed Win 98 and fixed all drivers for it, including graphic, sound and network ( I have broadband ). After that, I've installed ( finally ) Linux Mandrake 9.0. The instalation went fine. In few minutes I could boot with Linux and Win 98. With both, all drivers were working perfectly and with exception of Netscape, I liked Linux a lot.
I went back to my Win 98 to chek the partitions. Weirdly, the partition C:\ did not have Linux ( where I installed with win 98 ) the D:\ became my DVD Rom, the E:\ became unreadable, as well the new F:\.

Back to DOS, I used PQmagic, so I could see exactly what was the problem and why the partitions became messed. The hole hard drive could not be read from PQmagic anymore....
I still could acess both Linux and Win98. I decided them to format again from DOS and start all over again.
Now, D:\ is unreadable, E:\ and F:\ as well...Indeed win98 were gone after formating C:, but not Mandrake.

Now, I have a New computer stucked with Linux Mandrake, 5 Gigas of my hard drive are available only and I cannot acess of format any other partition besides C:\, which is also empty....

Besides I dont have a job for 2 months, so I'm totally broke, and cannot pay a techinical for it ( this problem is besides my capabilities ). I can now acess internet from my 166mghz....

first thing I will do when I'm back with my computer which costed me 1.500 US and that I'm going to pay for 2 years- is to make a nice page talking bad about Linux, including it's installation and the problems it has caused me. Now we all here understand why it's free??

I really thank you all to help me, and I respect ur love for Linux, but today is declared my personal war against Linux and the hole night I've been awake trying to fix something that I cannot

-- Rogue
Incandescant
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 11:57
Try a low level format in DOS.
If you have a win 98 startup disk run Fdisk from it and delete all the partitions, then create new ones and reformat.
I've screwed my HDD over many times with Linux but it still works thanks to my Win98 startup floppy and Fdisk

System: Athlon TBird 800Mhz, 320MB RAM, GeForce 2MX440, DX8.1
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 12:11
Incandescant thanks my friend, I will try right away

-- Rogue
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 12:24
Its always safer to have each Os on a seperate drive.
A cheap alternative is to have two hotswap drive bays that cost $5 each that allow u to cartridge your Hds so u swap them fast from the front with a pull of a lever.

u have 2 so u can access both drives while one OS is dormant

partitioning can be tricky with Win and Unix variants.

linux or most flavours of unix need a few partitions

swap like a virtual memory space
root the users hd space and his installs
user any users u have and there data

Druid was a partitioning system i used on an older linux distrib.

they all have some form of formatting software tho and usually in tools on the cd roms.

u may have look at the Master Boot Record also

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 12:40
indi thanks

Everything sounds great, but I'm not such wise man with OS and partitions To say the truth I never ever tried to use FDisk b4 shame on me....
Let me ask u something them. If I let Linux be on C:\ ( which is 10 Gigas ) and win 98 se on my D:\ (which is 60 gigas) Can I read the D:\ with Linux or the C:\ with win98???
I mean, this is my second experience with Linux...and it really scared me....for a second my computer should fly out the window But seems to be getting better now....

-- Rogue
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 14:55
ditch that linux completely if u can by wiping the drive after u have backed up.

http://www.geocities.com/thestarman3/asm/mbr/WIPE.html

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 14:57
oops i forgot to mention there is a dragon linux which is a smaller 40 meg installer that works inside an existing win 98 partition and win folder.

u just ditch the folder and its gone basically
thats a light version tho not all bells n whistles.

I would put linux on the smallest drive and make that secondary to a win98se machine since your starting with linux.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 17:40
hey a quick question have you tried WinXP on FAT64/NTFS?
it is far better as it doesn't have to flick to the 32bit versions of operations.

(probably should have mentioned that soon )

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 19:12
Cool, thanks my friends. I could manage to fix ( a bit ) the isues using indi tips and my friend's fdisk tip. Now I do, have Linux working smooothly on my machine and as always, Raven Vegata were right, the Geforce 4 is REALLY fast under Linux. Sad I cannot play games
The only real problem I have is, that my browser ( I cannot believe netscape became such a crap, it rocked years ago ) crashes the entiry system all the time

indi, u seems to be a Linux profs. hacker J/k ghehe...
Have u any idea where to get some win emulators for Linux? I wanna really stick with this system, I loved even the desing, just hated the browser :S

Linux is sweet, but it's far to hard to find my stuff I took 2 hours to find my HD properties...seems like a huge book is about to come for me. There's a C/C++ dev freely on it too... Really, if Linux should run DirectX games should kick arses.... But it really scare me with the HD stuff thanks u all to save me...

-- Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 20:04
well in another post Winux is mentioned... good upgrade - but use at your own peril

as for games, Quake, Quake2 and Quake3 Based games we're developed for both platforms and will run (with the exception of JK2 which uses DirectX 8.0 instead )

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 22:05
how big is linux? i know abit about it, but ive never actually played around with it, so i might install it on my very old pentMMX 120mhz (if it can handle it).

I would be able to run win98 on my system if my harddrive for it was 16megs bigger, but for now im stuck with win95 (eeeuuuccckkk).

I doubt linux will support the crappy old video card shoved in this machine, but never mind i'd like to try it anywayz :S

What version (if any) of linux could run on this beast:
120mhz Pentium One MMX
80 megs ram
120 megs harddrive (rofl)
2 megs pci video card (made by who-knows?)

a gui version would be nice, but if it cant run a pretty version i guess i could try crappy command line versions.

thanx

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 23:27
Linux is pretty good with backward compatibility...
i think Redhat 5 was about 450mb - its not that large for broadbanders

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 01:00
i use windows 2000 pro + undead linux + Mac Os 8.1 (emulators ownz)... =D i sugest undeadlinux... its tight...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 02:18
linux can be run on a network rom

a very small version of it tho

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 08:56
the best ones are those linux distros that can install from a floppy disk... or like knoppix (my favorite) runs only when you have the cd in the drive... when you take it out its back to windows... =D

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 12:22
I'm using Linux Mandrake. They are 3 CD's, but I used only 2 for my instalation. It comes with loads of small programs as Gaim ( a program that allows u to "emulate" Messanger ) and many other for Develpemnt. Many players winamp like and so on.
They ask for 500 megas install... but I'm just a newbie here with Linux. Also, it should run even on a 486 machine. I really liked, but I cannot even install eDonkey for it... actually, I cannot install anything yet

-- Rogue
Anonymous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 13:27
I think you should keep XP. I have the Home version of Windows XP, and its the best OS I have ever seen.

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 13:56
xp is orite, but im undecided whats the better OS- xp or '98?

I know xp is ALOT better when it comes to sorting out the system, never crashing (yeah whatever MS, but it crashes less often), and for hardware compatibility, but xp is made for computer n00bs. Its made for people who have never used a 'puter in their lives. I mean who wants a little annoying picture of a dog everytime you try to search for stuff, which gives you an hourglass for around 5 seconds because it wants to wag its tail? I like '98 for its ease of doing tasks that you would have to use a resource hacking program to do the same thing on xp.

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 17:44
Well, I'm going to stick with WinXP and Linux. I have much, really much to learn about Linux, but one thing is for sure, it's not as complicated as everyone says. Actually, I think peoples (MS and company) wants us to think it's fairly complicated.
I never saw that dog and those stuff in my XP But I use the professional edition, maybe that.
WinXP really makes us lazy ( he finds, updated and optimize all for u ), but it's really good, sad he wants all my memories . Win 98 have always been a problem for me. Sometimes, a game just stops to run, not error messages, nothing, simply it stops to run, and when u try to run again I just got a desktop screen. Even if I reinstall the game it still does not run ( this problem I had with EA games, Fifa series, Need for Speed series, Formula One Series, NHL Series ). Formating fix the problem. I dunno why either, but when I use win98 SE in my Intel 2GHZ, if I choose to "Turn Off computer" from the start button, it never ever turns off. The solution is go straight to the power button and indeed, scan disk next time u turn on. I dunno what MS was doing with win98, but it is a really funny bugged OS "This program has performade an ilegal operation and will be closed" or "The blue screen of dead" never more on XP

-- Rogue
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 19:13
hmmm, the blue screen of death does exist on xp
but in default settings it auomatically reboots your system without showing you it (which is a right bitch when you got a job like mine and need to find out what the error is.)

Win98 is great, but you are right about the shutdown thing. My comp used to work fine, but when i reinstalled 98 after a virus which killed my dial-up connection now it doesnt shut down properly ever. On my bros PC win98 still works fine. I just dont get it- when i reboot mine its fine, but when i want a final shutdown it dies.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 19:20
=D i never get the blue screen of death with win2000 pro... it doesnt crash either... =\ hrmmm except since i put my new ram in i cant use undeadlinux... ineed a new kernel...

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 20:10
U lucky man I cannot even reestart It just locks up...
Quite boring when u installing loads of drives which need a reboot Win 98 just cannot be in my computer. But it's better then ME at least

-- Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 20:14
you know you can turn all the newbie menus off and actually get back to the nitty gritty access of Win95
I mean you can customise XP to bits, as long as you know how - found it quite fun.

I never used WinXP Home much as it crashed almost as much as WinMe for me and ran hardly anything i wanted it to...
However WinXP Corp with Service Pack 1 has crashed on me a total of 4 times in the past month, 3 of which were my own fault ... also the Corp version seems to have ALOT of updates that nither Home nor Pro have which makes it more stable, less memory hungry (thanks to the WinNT 5 backbone), and more processor friendly.
Plus hardware can be CodeInstalled if you have MSVC++ .Net
very quirky but cool feature which allows you to sort out possible bugs for older Drivers if no XP drivers exist

Apart from not likeing the hyper-colour set which to be truthful could have been done with less colours, to add speed ... it is one of the better OS's i've used.
But then again everytime they release a new Windows for me most of the time there are new features and such which i enjoy using and oftenly has more stable back for what i use
Another good thing is that if you use FAT64 or NTFS, Virus's get confused and any not made for accessing the system don't know what to do with themselves - same goes for hacking programs.

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 20:16
why did ms make ME again? i seem to have forgotten what it was suppost to be, wasnt it an OS for a washing machine?

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 21:35
win2000 was first... and then in the process of getting rid of dos they made a bridge that was like xp but looked like win2000 that was me... then they made lego land... LEGO LAND... which was xp... im sure next will be WIN DUPLO

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 21:47
ms are really far behind.

amigas were able to have a look better than xp in the 1980's! but then again amigas totally rule; well they did when they were owned by Commodore.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 01:39
lol... if you think about it windows gui system was stolen from the Mac
and yeah Window Millennium Edition was more of a testbed for the XP technologies than a true OS. everyone who bought it basically had a bloody beta.
was still cool thou

commodore were idiots, they had the first completely easily upgraded home PC on thier hands and rather than expanding on that they just stagnated until the hyper configureable PC was just too much for them to compete with!
Ya know i reckon AMD should pick up Amiga as like a side track project
i mean think about it Intel & AMD have been the ONLY processors which have lasted the past 20years, if one of them got thier own format to work on ... just think of the inbalance that would cause!!
We'd have a true processor war, not in just simply for a single machine but multiplatform!
it has been proven with Macintosh that the GeForce Chipset performs almost 20% better on a 68k based processor - it would seriously be something that would be outstanding.

pitty it'll never happen
but a man can dream... a man can d-r-e-a-m

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 08:44
yeah. I was actually using NTFS b4 with windows XP. But it was not a really good idea for me. I have a little network home with 3 PC's. The other two ones are a bit older. On is a 266mhz compaq and the other one is a Pentium 2, 400mhz. The problem is that I had FAT 32 in the laptop, and, as it was win98 on it, I could not read the hard drivers from the other computers using NTFS. Indeed NTFS is better for virus stuff and even MS recomend NTFS for NT/2000/XP cause it can handle faster bigger hard drivers ( it's on their homepage ). Put think well, if someday u need connect two computers, and one of them use FAT32, it won't read the NTFS, but the NTFS can read FAT32. I now have Linux, and apart of my problem crashing ALL the time when I run my browsers, it can read the partions with FAT32 without any problems... FAT32 cannot read Linux Partitions.... It's pretty much to think what u going to do with ur computer

-- Rogue
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 11:19
O_O DUPLO LAND...WIN 64bit right?

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 14:33
hmm, how much is WinXP 64? i bet its bloody expensive. stupid ms.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 06:06
and mac stole it from fuji zerox print stations

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:12:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:12:46