Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Speed difference between DBPro and DBC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2003 02:54
Curious about the speed difference between PRO and Classic. How many polys can they push?

I think I read that Classic can do 65k polys. If thats true how many can Pro push?
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2003 10:39
i think that 65k is how much it can handle before blowing up! all i can say is that pro is much faster compared to classic

Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2003 13:58 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2003 14:04
about 5X on average for execution speed, more if you pay attention to what instructions you use and compromise on the effects you want, up to about 20x in some cases, polys isn`t realy the issue, best use of what you have is more important, too many people seem to think commercial games use low poly models because of some lack in programming ability on the behalf of the coders and then complain when their code won`t throw a 20,000 poly monster about at the same speed as QuakeIII, doh!, it`s a technical limitation more to do with whats possible with modern systems than the ability of the code or coder, keep as many polys OUT of the scene as you can,theres one simple rule if you want good framerates, think of what you can do WITHOUT, not what you could do WITH.

Mentor.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 19:40:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 19:40:31