Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I need to make an mmorts editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, as before i have made my own game level editor, i would like to make one for an mmorts. Would this be possible? If not, or if theres a better way what would it be??? I really need to make an mmorts.

I do have a small team, would i need to use PHP, for the online bit. I am aiming for something like evony. ( www.evony.com ) I need the following controls in my editor (if its possible)

ATTACK OTHER PLAYER
AMOUNT OF CREDITS (also, the user can buy credits, how would i link server with game??)
INVENTORY

ANY SUGGESTIONS

So basically i am making an mmorts and wondering if it is possible in db.

Thanks so much
:'

www.fpsccentral.co.nr <- Models, media and much much more.
wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 20:00
It's possible, but i can garuntee that you wont be able to make it if you have to ask. Start with something simple, and keep your goal in mind while you learn. I started out making a pong game, adding features until now i can make anything i have to energy to make.

But yes its possible, and you need to have some experience. You need to think more than just the features, but you also need to think how the connection will work, where will you find a server, is it 2d? 3d? And you cant make a game like evony because thats played in the browser while DB is played via an EXE.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 08:30:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 08:30:11