Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Game HELP - DOUBLE QUESTION

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how can i make colonel-x.x with a Ak47 in his hands.
====================================================
question number 2

how can i make colonel-x.x On terrain ground level?
Amnzero
Years of Service
User Offline
If you look in the DarkGDK directory, there are tutorials wich will cover at least part of that question. I suggest you work on getting Col X up and walking before you try putting a weapon in his hands.

if(enemy == Amnzero) runAway();
Amnzero->WebSite = L"http://neovance.com/";
Tylerman35
Years of Service
User Offline
Need More Help!
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 06:50
You can't expect us to make the game for you. You have to do things like showing us you actually tried or even better, do what Amnzero suggested. Read the tutorials! It explains how to load it and animate it, it even gives you source code So please take the initiative to do something on your own.

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 09:37
1. Load the gun object.. glue it to the col-x.x object with the appropriate command(have to look in the docs for that-dbGlueObjectToLimb() )

2. If using advanced terrain or a matrix, there are command built in to return the ground height at a certain position, its all in the docs(dbGetTerrainGroundHeight() and dbGetGroundHeight for AT and matrix respectively) If you are using something other than AT or a matrix then you will need to come up with your own algorithm to return you the ground height at a certain point using your heightmap or something...

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Tylerman35
Years of Service
User Offline
for dbGlueObjectToLimb()) what is the iSource, iTarget, iLimb mean?
Amnzero
Years of Service
User Offline
Source is the object you will be gluing. Target is the target object, Col X, for your case. Limb is the specific limb on Col X which you will be attaching the source to. I beleive...

Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 08:09
Yes, Amnzero is correct.

You will need to know the number of the limb that you want to attach the object too, then you attach it, and you will have to offset it aswell most likely depending on the rigging of the model, otherwise it may end up attached for example to the wrist rather than the hand or stuck halfway through the middle of the hand(try to find the limb representing the hand bone if you want your model to "hold" the gun)

Another option would be to add the object as a new limb to the existing object, in this case, add the gun object, as a new limb, to the col-x.x object. The Limb Positioning commands may make it easier to position gun, im not sure as its not something Ive had to do myself yet.

I suggest experimenting with a couple of different ways, if you can think of them, and choose whichever looks closest to how you want it.

Amnzero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 09:17 Edited at: 11th Aug 2009 09:18
Quote: "add the object as a new limb to the existing object"

Somehow I think what you said, Mista, will be a little over his head at this point.

Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 10:59
Thats true, it may be, but I look at it from a point of view that if someone doesnt know what it is that Im talking about, they can always ask to find out, im usually always available to try and explain what I say to people if they dont understand. Plus putting ideas into people's heads that they may not have thought of on their own(at least right away) can help to push thinking into new directions and help them to learn new ideas on their own.... thats the idea anyway lol(I have a 10yr old daughter, who im teaching IT concepts to as she grows up, so I dont mind if people dont get what im saying right away, im used to it by now lol)

But I do see your point

Amnzero
Years of Service
User Offline
Point taken. True, for myself anyway, when I read something I don't quite understand I make it a mission to find more info.

Tylerman35
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is how i set my dbGlueObjectToLimb()

dbGlueObjectToLimb ( 4, 3, 3 );

for some reason its not pasting it to Colonel-X.X
is there something wrong?
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 19:12

That is the decleration for the function.

iSource = the source object's ID number, in your case, the ID you gave to your gun object.

iTarget = the target object's ID number, in your case, the ID you gave to col-x.x

iLimb = the ID number of the limb that you want to glue the object too, this must be a valid limb belonging to the iTarget object.

If you are having trouble finding out which limb is which, there are a couple of program in the forums here that people have written to count and display limbs for you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 07:29:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 07:29:09