Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / help!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
im making a 2d wall scroller rpg and i need help. i am good at animation on paper,vector art, and love to draw anime which im good at. im the only one one this right now and im getting nowhere fast.so just post if your interested ...oh yeah i will post some of my unfinished art...im desperate right now sad isn't it..
my email is brockusdain@hotmail.com
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 21:18 Edited at: 9th Aug 2009 21:19
You don't actually need great graphics to work on a game. You can make a working version of the game with bad graphics, and then show people a demo, and ask for an artist to make the demo more pleasing. You must have seen some clips of Pixar movies in the making when they are simple stick figures.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 13:48
Why not get a scanner and hand draw your characters animation frames, using an art package to make your life easier of course. For instance, if you draw a basic arm, you could rotate it to suit the basic pose of whatever frame your working on, print it out, then go over it again in proper detail.

It's how they made the sprites for SF2, and if you can draw anime then it's really just a matter of spending the time - but your game might look stunning because of it. Your simply not gonna find someone willing to draw sprites for you, not at the sort of scale and volume you need. Really, you could look at it as a portfolio, if you wanted to go into animation or any sort of media like that then having a whole, hand drawn beat-em-up to show would go a long long way.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:42:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:42:37