Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Need help with my brick breaker game( levels blending)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
For anyone wondering i am reading the dark basic pro 2nd edition book. I've gone through chap 10 through 14. I've tested the game through out my creation with success. But when i put the final touches on it in chap 14 it now wont load correctly. There was alot of changes done but ive read my code over and the authors code over and cant find an error. Does CAPS matter, correct spacing??? I just cant find it. Both codes are below PLEASE HELP. The result i get is the score just starts going up, the level # goes round and round, the ball wont come off the paddle and all of the blocks wont show up. It almost seems like its resetting.

Mine

Authors

jaykav99
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok i was able to stop the levels from blending to which im not exactly sure how, other than i found a couple of syntax errors on controlling the ball. So now my only issue is only 1 row of blocks are showing up and their should be 16.

jaykav99
Years of Service
User Offline
Nevermind, my coworker found the error. for width and height i had W and Y instead of W and H. Too many (x,y) variables I just wanted to bash my head against my desk lol.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:49:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:49:06