Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / How get the Lineage 2 Beta:Strictly for maniacs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2003 11:59
LINEAGE 2 BETA:Fool Proof Guide

The Basic Info: The beta testing of Lineage 2 is currently taking place only in Korea, so most of the stuff(sites and programs) you will be handling are in Korean. However, we have tried to make a fool-proof guide for you to make things go smoothly. I would suggest if you really want to know what some Korean text you saw means, keep the BabelFish translating service url handy: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr
You just copy the text and paste it into the first window, and then translate from Korean to English.

You need to download the game(an .EXE file), but you also need to make an account using the Korean website. First start downloading the 1GB file, by going to the Korean download site(hopefully you will find the right button):
http://www.lineage2.co.kr/pds/download_client.asp
While you are downloading, go to the registration page here: http://secure.lineage2.co.kr/account/agreement.asp
NOTE: Save all names and passwords you enter somewhere, since they will be needed for you to play the game later.
On the first page of registration, ticking the left box means you agree on the terms of use, etc...click on the ok/next button(If there are cases when there is more than one button to click, right click and look at the name of the button graphic. If the button is a cancel button, then its filename will have the word ‘cancel’ in it. That’s ‘cancel’ in English).

On the second page, there should be 3 empty slots. In the first slot, you fill in your name. In the second and third slot, you fill in a Korean ID number, which can be obtained by downloading a Korean ID generator(http://www.dreamzonehk.com/korenid.zip).

ID generator: after you unzip it, copy a file named vb5ko.dll into your windows SYSTEM folder if you have windows NT, or if using XP(home or pro), copy it into SYSTEM32 folder. You may as well scan it for virus first if you don't trust me. If one of the generated codes is not accepted, try the next one.
On the third page, you will come across 2 buttons. Ignore the first and press the second button. Something will pop up, click it and proceed to the next page.
On the fourth page, your name and ID numbers are shown on the 1-3 slots respectively. In the fourth slot, you will press the button next to it so that a pop-up will come out. Enter the username of your choice in that pop-up and proceed to the next slot, which is your password. Again, a password of your choice in the fifth and sixth slots.
In the seventh slot, you enter your email address, but it seems as soon as you click on the empty slot, a pop-up will also come out. Don't worry, simply enter your email address into the pop-up space and you'll be fine.
Below is a tick box, asking you whether you want to receive newsletter or something like that. You can ignore it.
The next 2 slots are some questions and answers to your password. Randomly select 2 questions and write some answers and get past it.
The next 2 slots on the same line are your address. Remember, this whole beta was designed for Koreans, and so your address must also be in Korea. Pressing the button next to them will create a pop-up. The address must contain some Korean characters. I used these: Çѱ (<- a space at the end, 4 characters!)
"¿À»ê" also seems to work (without the quotes), thanks Ic3man! Once the address has been typed and the button clicked, a list of many possible locations, addresses and phone numbers in Korea appear. Just click on one of them.
In the next slot, write something like room XXnumber of your choice) .Here I just typed in the number 11 and it was ok.
The next 2 slots are your telephone numbers. They are like this XXX-XXXX (number of your choice). Before the slots are some drop down lists. Select any numbers from them randomly. Now click the first button at the bottom line(you can check it’s not cancel by seeing its filename).
If something mentioning a CD appears, you don't tick the box.
If it still doesn't work, change the phone number a bit here and there…

OK, now for the installation. The .exe file you have hopefully downloaded by now is not the installer it just unpacks the install files. Choose a directory which does not exist, and press enter. The installer will begin automatically. Once there, the buttons are in English so keep clicking ‘next’. Once the installation is complete, if an icon does not appear on your desktop go and find the LineageII.exe file, and run it. It will then start downloading patches and stuff(extra music, graphics and other files), and will take some time with a 50kbps connection, so be patient. When it’s done, you log in using the name and password you specified in registration.
You're done. You’re done! God bless ye if ye did it all correct!
What a mess huh? But finally it really works

-john D.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2003 14:30
your post heading is wrong, it should be, "strictly for demented maniacs", I deduce from all this that this game is supposed to be rather cool and thousands of Koreans that don`t own computers are going to get surveys asking them what they though of the game, LOL, I hope they don`t decide to sue for identity theft.

Mentor.
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2003 23:52
I played the game..it's not that good but maybe because half was in Korean

-john D.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2003 04:27
The last game I tried that was popular in Korea was Ragnorok online. And I mean that that is litteraly the last .

--Mouse

Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 10:44:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 10:44:39