Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Codes...Codes....And more codes - this looks complex - is it?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2003 20:23
I havn't yet ordered the game design yet, but when i do, will i get a book explaining the actual codes, and placing them, i also would like to know how the animations work, such has how do you get a person to move, can you type when you want it to move and how.
This is very good because if i manage to get a great game, i will be able to sell it, so is there anyone who can answer my question?
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2003 21:14
you can download a free demo of DarkBasic off this site, then look at the sidebar on the left and you will see a link called tutorials, select that and follow the tutorials as you use your downloaded demo version, the demo will also give you a chance to find out if you have a system that can run Pro before you part with your money, you can load 3d objects as well as imagesso you can do almost anything you can imagine, but this is not a game maker like Click and Play or something, this is a full blown language like VB or C++, just easier to use and the forums generaly reply faster than some programing languages I could name, if you get stuck then just ask someone on the forum, if you have the head for coding then you can make some awesome games, it just needs practise, (oh! and if you have a life outside the computer than prepare to give it up ,it can be very addictive), cheers and welcome.

Mentor.
Andrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2003 21:19
Yes i know i am already on the computer as my life!!!
Thanxs for the help.
Does the book have the codes in it when you buy th product? or guides or something?
Redostrike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2003 21:29
There are some example programs that come whit darkbasic. If you buy Darkbasic Pro you could also buy the Beginners guide to Darkbasic. (i dunno if it's for Darkbasic classic 2.) The tutorials are easy to use and you learn much of them. Darkbasic has also a major help file. Every command is in it. You could look at someone else his/her code and search for the commands in the help file. But in my opinine you learn more from tutorials and from your own mistakes. Hope this helps. And welcome to the forum.

Only heroes live forever.
Beatboxing Rulllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzz
www.redostrike-yugioh.tk
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2003 23:40
This is very good because if i manage to get a great game, i will be able to sell it, so is there anyone who can answer my question?

Please don't set your sights too high. If you've no programming experience then it can be hard to get into. You just need to be logical in your thinking.

Good luck

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are 10 people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 19:49:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 19:49:22