Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sparky's Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 22:09 Edited at: 16th Aug 2009 23:01
Hi! I'm working on a RPG and I have weapons that can be equiped. And I do this by using:

I have the object that's being attached to the player setup with Sparky's for simple box collision. It sets up fine and all, but when I attach it to the limb the bounding box on it isn't where the weapon is. The weapon is being held in the characters hand like you would a sword. But the bounding box's position is where it should be but, the angle is always set to 0 on all axises. So how do I fix this? And there really is no other way around doing it without sparky's because I use sparky's to setup everything.

EDIT: Well I got sparky's to update the object's Z axis rotation, but the x and y axis are still set to 0...

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 01:33
Ok, well I can't get this to work so, should I just use a collision mask or is there a way that doesn't require me to make another object?

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 02:02
i always create another 'empty' limb ( no vertices attached ) to the hands limb in my modeler ( milkshape in my case ).
that way i can rotate this 'placeholder'-limb before exporting and there won't be issues in game...

hope you understand what i mean
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 03:51 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 04:52
Quote: "hope you understand what i mean"

No, not exactly lo. So you make a limb that has no effect on the model in the modeler program. But I don't understand what you mean by rotating it before exporting.

EDIT: I found something very interesting. When I try to hide specific limbs in my object not one limb disappears, except for the 2nd limb which hides the entire object.

Games are like life, they should never stand still.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 07:34:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 07:34:52