Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / loading animation with extension "*.xaf" !!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is it possible to load animation from 3d-max,, the animation extension is "*.xaf" ?

if i want to load different animations for the same object..like : if u press left key, animation "1.xaf" play , if u press right key, animation "2.xaf" play ...... so on ,,,how to do that ?
kareem3d
Years of Service
User Offline
i found something but it didn't work ,, maybe u can help

code :
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 03:41
Well first off, generally it's much easier to just load one object with all animations in it and then play them with dbPlayObject or dbLoopObject. Also the compatible formats in Dark GDK are .X, .dbo, .3ds, .md2, .md3, and .mdl

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 05:59
You cant load the format that you are asking about because it is not supported natively by DarkGDK. The simplest thing to do would be to find a file format converter that will convert that format into something that GDK can read, but if you really wanted to use that format, you could write your own loader for it, though doing so is a very complex subject and requires a high level of proficiency with both 3D graphical techniques, and c++ programming.

Im also not sure what you mean by "animation" ... is it a model that contains animation ? or is it a motion-capture type animation containing only data about the animations(no model data) or is it a DVD type animation ?(the command you are using above is actually broken, but they are designed for playing video, if you do want to play video, serch the forums, a user called Video Playback posted some useful code to play dvd's and videos from inside GDK.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
kareem3d
Years of Service
User Offline
NO videos, what i want is to play animation i saved on 3d-max - i found it's extension is ".xaf" ,the animation is for an object that i loaded early in C++ (dbLoadObject("box.3ds",1)) ...

if there's a programe to convert the format "*.xaf" into something that GDK can read please tell,

also i want to know the formats of animation that GDK works with .

THANKS FOR HELP
kareem3d
Years of Service
User Offline
i found what i'm looking for.. i loaded the object then dbLoopObject(1,int start frame,int end frame) so i don't need to save animations,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 07:30:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 07:30:53