Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Fate of Blood - A Sci-fi Action Horror Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 18:49 Edited at: 21st Aug 2009 05:32
Hey guys! It was my birthday two days ago. Thanks to those who said happy birthday to me. But anyways I was in a good mood and felt like making a game, so I started on a sci-fi project.
Here is the story:
In the year 2010, a scientist, set out with supporting marines and other humans, decided to set out on an experiment to create a supersoldier. The plan was to take place in outer space, collect space junk, and some mechanical parts, and attempt to merge it with humans. At first, everyone thought it was a good idea. But later on, the scientist went crazier and crazier. The experimental results completely changed the humans, making them stronger and stronger, and soon it went out of control. A few aboard the craft were killed, including the captain, and the rest of the ship was evacuated.
Your name is Al, short for Alan, and you are set out for a mission: stalk the enemy, find the scientist, stop the experiment. Simple. But soon, the enemy is stalking you...

Bad story I know. But hey, the "changed humans" are not zombies at all!
But anyways, as required, here are some screens!These are from the first mission where you have to go to the corpse of the captain and get a key to access other parts of the ship.
This is not a linear game, and there will be lots of freedom to explore and lots of running back and forth.

More to come, tell me what you think.
-Adrian

Credits: (so far)
-Adrian - level design, voice acting, some retextures
-SekiIdiotti: Retextures

I love Taylor Swift. She's awesome.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
infected
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 18:58
1:more entytis would be good
2:remowe some lights
3:nice screenies
4:show me more
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
My Advice
Some more entities would be nice

Try to keep your rooms smaller and more diverse in layout

You have light sources but you still have lights just in the middle of your room, therefore what's the purpose of the light sources?

Try to add some more color to your lighting, I know white is all purpose, but try adding some color to set the mood of the game
EX: A light Blue is very somber or mysterious

Other than that it looks great so far, you have a nice mix of custom and stock blended together.
Hope to see more soon!
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 20:04
Mate, the retextures look nice, and so does the level design. I certainly see a lot of things inspired by LV21, though.

Can you save the crew of LV21?

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151512&b=25
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 20:08
Quote: "Mate, the retextures look nice, and so does the level design. I certainly see a lot of things inspired by LV21, though."

I'll admit Gears of War, if you don't mind, I was inspired somewhat by your level design but I tried to change it so that I didn't copy it. Is taht alright?
-Adrian

Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 20:59
No probem mate. It looks different enough. Thanks for asking.

Can you save the crew of LV21?

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151512&b=25
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 21:30
It looks very nice! I'm doing a sci-fi horror right now too! This is looking cool! Tell me if you need help with something!

PS: -.- ,,|,
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 21:58
happy birthday! oh.. i think there's something i've forgotten...

oh yes, lovely game, i like the use of stock media.

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 05:31
Thanks guys.
SekiIdiotti: Yes, I have experimented with different ambience, I have worked one out with a blueish purplish one. But screenies won't show that.
I have more screenshots, still from the first level:

One of the random rooms that you can explore to find health and ammo:

I decided the sci-fi bed didn't go too well so I decided to use FPSXTreme's bunk bed from the store.

The ship bathroom. The retextures are by SekiIdiotti. Thanks bud.

-Adrian

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "SekiIdiotti: Yes, I have experimented with different ambience, I have worked one out with a blueish purplish one. But screenies won't show that.
I have more screenshots, still from the first level:
"
whaa? Seko didn't even post here

Anyways, the new screens look pretty good
Still a bit empty for my tastes but it's your game isn't it?
The light in the bathroom is wayy to low You walk in and bang your head on it
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 07:43
I like the new screenies. And, yes I agree with Ekipshi, hte light is too low. And some stuff from Cosmic Prophet's sci-fi packs would do a big compliment! It looks cool thou!

PS: -.- ,,|,
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 15:54 Edited at: 21st Aug 2009 22:22
Sorry Ekiphishi, I was thinking "SekiIdiotti" when posting. I apologize.
I'll try a different light, and see what bathroom stuff CP has.
-Adrian
EDIT: Ok guys, I'll announce that this game will only be one large level. I'm a bit busy to continue it too long.

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 23:20
Ok guys I'm completely redoing this project, and starting a new thread. Keep an eye out!
-Adrian

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 11:44
Quote: "-SekiIdiotti: Retextures"

Aaaah typo of doom! Why does everyone write my name wrongly...? EVEN MORE THAN ONCE!!!

Anyway: Those screens are sooo cool!

^My game, Gore Club Mission^

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:01:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:01:59