Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 18:32 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2009 11:46
I was promised a position higher up... But that foul dog got it, I will show them... I will show them all! The power of genetic manipulation! This experiment is definitly going to get me my well deserved job! I am just missing a few vital pieces in this puzzle.
-Cale Neuron, 11-07-2086

I got it! The final vital piece in this genetic puzzle was human blood! I've secretly used my own to produce a new human being, a better human, a stronger human! Although it shows genetic differences, and also visual differences this creature no longer has the desire to feed, nor sleep! The boss is really going to enjoy their new soldiers!
-Cale Neuron, 11-13-2086

The boss was not pleased... The subjects were too clever, they rebuilt themselves and are wreaking havoc among us! Somehow they ignore me however, is it because they're born from my blood? Or do they just need me? Either way they're killing everyone around us... I will take this journal along, and write down important changes which I might occur. If I don't make it, and you find this... Please, do NOT make the same mistakes I did. I've included my research in the back for future reference.
-Cale Neuron, 11-28-2086

The above journal entries are used for this games story, you are Cale Neuron, a highly skilled army scientist that's in Despair(Zetsubou in Japanese) for being turned down on a job he was promised, then his new research turned out to be a horrible mistake, and he gets out of his lab to set things straight where possible, with any means possible.

I know it's rather cheesy, but oh well. It does the trick I plan to do this game with purely stock X10 media, just to show that you do not NEED to get any model packs to get a decent looking original-ish game level.

Anyway, here's a few screenshots from the first(intro) level, which is rather short but will have a few voice parts that lead you into the game a little.

Note that I haven't really worked with FPSC for over a year, so my mapping skills might be a bit icky, I am however open for suggestions and will do my best to get it running properly.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 18:49
Looks very good so far.I have nothing to add.

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 18:50
I like the level desing, great work

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 19:17
Thanks, But the level design is actually pretty basic.

Here's the last screenshot in the editor.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 20:59
I like it. It looks very good. In these kind of moments, I'm glad to have vista and x10!

PS: -.- ,,|,
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 01:01
Wow the screens look excellent! Nice and can't wait to see more.
-Adrian

I love Taylor Swift. She's awesome.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 01:17
Amusing how people find this basic stuff nice. Anyway, I'll get back to working on it tommorow. I had to go to the zoo, the old man turned 70 so I kind of had to get out for once. I'm thinking of adding a little bit more to level 1, just because otherwise it would be rather simple and boring to just walk through a small zone and then see an other loading screen. It needs some action (Think Enemies patrolling behind broken/stuck doors, dead bodies dropping from higher floors etc.)

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 01:56
Quote: "Amusing how people find this basic stuff nice."

A room doesn't have to be complex to be pretty! ;D
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 05:58
Great use of Stock media

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
I do recommend, not use just standard lights, make your own rgb lights. Will look more "your thing". IMO it is just alot of stock.

Although very nice use of it.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 11:38
Actually only the red lightning is stock, everything else is a custom RGB value

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 19:32
Yeah, I just realized how you only used stock entities- I never would've done something this nice with nothing additional! Good work!
-Adrian

Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 20:11 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2009 20:23
Quote: "Yeah, I just realized how you only used stock entities- I never would've done something this nice with nothing additional! Good work!"

Stock media is as good as any other, you just need to use it correctly.

Anyway, here's the final two screenshots from Level 1, it's still rather short but it now has two enemies near the end. (Still need to get voice acting for it, but the player will get notified by a soldier that there's some of them around.)

Accidently shot down the mutant(alien actually, but who cares! Iz Meh Storeh) that was standing up there shooting at me before I made a screenshot, oh well.

This place needs some more darkness... Already toned down the light a little.

EDIT: And an editor picture for the above to screenshots for your viewing fetish(Don't mind the waypoint, it was originally going to be used but then I put in the entities which would block the path too much).

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 05:34
I can do voice acting free if you want.
-Adrian

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 07:21
Nah, I'm doing it myself as soon as I find my mic again.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 04:55
Quote: "the old man turned 70 "

Shouldnt you be more respectful when you speak of your father?

The game looks pretty good!

He stood like a stone wall, not only in battle, but also for the Lord
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 22:05
Quote: "Shouldnt you be more respectful when you speak of your father?
"

He didn't mean it in a disrespectful way...

Looks really excellent so far.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 19:02
Quote: "Shouldnt you be more respectful when you speak of your father?
"

It's an expression that's used alot in Britain, means your father in a respectful way...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 23:51
Quote: "It's an expression that's used alot in Britain, means your father in a respectful way..."

Only difference with the way I used it is that I was referring to my father's father. We allways call him "The old man".

Anyway, progress on this is a little slow right now. Just started College this week

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 10:23:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 10:23:19