Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / why am I an Idiot?(cannot make object move)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2003 12:34
I thought I'd take it easy for a first attempt a game. I've gone through most of tutorials and have made dozens of augmentations successfully. My idea is to make a basic game in 3d but only controlling the object as if it were 2d. The problem is the darn thing wont move. What am I doing wrong

I've also trised the code only using the move object command but that was also unsuccessful

Thanks for your time
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2003 12:39
Well, first you've got a double then line, and secondly the second value of the newxvalue and newyvalue needs to be greater than 0.

MicroMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2003 12:49
I don't know if this would help any. What this snippet does is to rotate the object, and then when you hit the enter-key you accelerate and you decelarate with the spacekey.

Now the object moves in the direction it faces, but it is a continous movement, so take care it doesn't vanish.
FNG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2003 13:18
oops. The double then line is just a typo on the code snippet, but I'll make the second value greater than zero and see what happens.

Thanks for the help guys

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:27:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:27:07