Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / loading areas

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2003 21:58
i want to make a game, but i want to make it so when you walk out of an area, a new one is loaded...should i just do this with gosubs and functions and delete commands? thanx

Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Andrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2003 23:03
MMM. i would love to know this 2
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2003 00:20 Edited at: 26th Aug 2003 00:21
you mean like Unreal or Quake?, just check for your player being in the corridor or lift that leaves the level and then just load the next level and a stack of new enemies to toast (MMMM! toasted enemies ), then just put your player in the start position and start the enemies and the player running with your main loop code, if you have something that is specific to that level then you can run it from a case structure or just do

if level=2 then gosub level_2_extra_monster()

or whatever, it`s realy all down to what you want to do, for a start just make it so that when the level is finished it restarts but it adds another monster like above, that will give you an idea of what you need to do, then you can alter it to load another map and add the new monster before it restarts and so on, easy!.

Mentor.
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2003 02:07
thanx, that helps

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:28:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:28:07