Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / (DGK#) Newby Installation Question - "Referenced Component not Found."

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 21:55
Well I just purchased the .Net version of DGK

I have been using C++ DGK for some time and wanted to expand my code resource.

I figure I am doing something wrong. I am using Visual Studio 8 (Express_ for my C++ and Visual Studio 8 C# for the net version. (two separate installations)

I get this error after the initial installation of DGK.net When I go to start a new project -> My Templates -> DGKapplication. (See attatched image)

It talks about "Referenced Component DGKLib, DGKInclue and DGKPlugins could not be found". So I am sure there is something that may need to be pointed to to make it work.

There are many answers but just one question" ~ Jerilith the Mad

Attachments

Login to view attachments
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 02:57
Timidon,

Hi, this problem may be caused by the fact that your Visual Studio installation may be different from the default path for which the installer places the three reference components.

If you examine your '\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies' folder, you will find the following files:

DarkGDK.DLL
DGDKLib.DLL
DGDKPlugins.DLL
DarkGDK.XML
DGDKLib.XML
DGDKPlugins.XML

Can you copy these six files into the same relative path for where your actual Visual Studio installation is held. This should resolve the problem you are experiencing.

Paul.

Timidon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 20:25
Going to have to give this a try when I get some more time. Thanks, tell you how it turns out in a day or two. That's what I am figuring is happening.

Timidon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 08:39
Still having issues, going to uninstall ms visual c++ and c#. going to reinstall DGK and DGK#.

Timidon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 11:30
Hey Paul, got a question. I have reinstalled, both MS c# and reinstalled updates. I tried for as fresh installation as possible using the defaults.

"Hi, this problem may be caused by the fact that your Visual Studio installation may be different from the default path for which the installer places the three reference components."

I can find the files you mention, but how do I find the default path where installer places the three reference components. Getting stumped. I don't like having to ask these questions . I tried dumping them in various location, they are not getting found. Is there a particular directory they should be dropped into?

Thanks for your time.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 13:24
Timidon,

I'm using Visual Studio Professional 2008, which by default, gets installed into the following location:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0"

The DarkGDK.NET installer will try and place the forementioned files into the following location:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies"

This is where Visual Studio will try to locate the files. If your Visual Studio installation is installed into a different location, you will need to locate the PublicAssemblies folder for your installation, and move the above files into this folder.

Can you see if this resolves the problem? If not, let me know and I'll try to investigate it further.

Paul.

Timidon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 20:42
I used the Express version of the Microsoft Visual C#, 9.0

SO If I read this right

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies"

should have the following files

DarkGDK.DLL
DGDKLib.DLL
DGDKPlugins.DLL
DarkGDK.XML
DGDKLib.XML
DGDKPlugins.XML

I used the default locations, those files are there. It's not just finding it, I figure it is time to manually assemble a project.

Is there another way of adding this directory to the search path of the IDE?

Thanks for your time. DW.

Timidon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 04:16
The only other directory that I have found that shows up for Visual C is

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008

it contains the following folders:

Backup Files, Projects, Templates and Settings

Thanks again DW.

Timidon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 04:53
Work around.

Here's what I did. I opened up the DGK project application. Found the "references". 3 listed had a "!" next to them. the DarkGDK.net, DGKLib.lib and the DGKPlugins. The three MS could not find. I removed them and then and then re added them back into the project. The little "!" disappeared. Told the IDE to rebuild the project and no errors were generated. I then was able to compile and run the spinning DGK block that is is the DarkGDKApplication.

Seams like the template application does not find the those resource. I got my work around. Looks like I did not have do all the reinstalling, but it helped me to narrow down the error possibilities. So if anybody else has the same issue, try that.

Later Timidon. Thanks DarkGDK .NET Developers. Later.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 20:22
Timidon,

Great!! I'm happy to hear you've got it working now.

Paul.

Baskers
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah i had this exact same problem. I installed everything into the default locations and it kept saying the reference wasn't there.

Luckily, you had this post as i just removed them and re-added them and my project works now.

Is it possible the templates arent referencing the correct location or something? Because every time i start a new darkgdk project, i have to repeat the steps (not a huge deal obviously but theres something wrong)
Willy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 07:27 Edited at: 8th Oct 2009 07:33
Having similar problem. Removed the three references (DarkGDK, lib and plug-ins.) Re-added them and it found them.
However, I got the following error message:

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled
Message="An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
Source="SpinningCube1"
StackTrace:
at SpinningCube.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 190
at SpinningCube.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_fMain()
at SpinningCube.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm() in C:UsersBillDocumentsVisual Studio 2008ProjectsSpinningCube1SpinningCube1My ProjectApplication.Designer.vb:line 35
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
at SpinningCube.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Message="Could not load file or assembly 'DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
Source="SpinningCube1"
FileName="DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1"
FusionLog="=== Pre-bind state information ===rnLOG: User = Quad\BillrnLOG: DisplayName = DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1n (Fully-specified)rnLOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Users/Bill/Documents/Visual Studio 2008/Projects/SpinningCube1/SpinningCube1/bin/Debug/rnLOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULLrnCalling assembly : SpinningCube1, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.rn===rnLOG: This bind starts in default load context.rnLOG: No application configuration file found.rnLOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.rnLOG: Post-policy reference: DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1rnLOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.rn"
StackTrace:
at SpinningCube.fMain.InitializeComponent()
at SpinningCube.fMain..ctor() in C:UsersBillDocumentsVisual Studio 2008ProjectsSpinningCube1SpinningCube1fMain.vb:line 21
InnerException:

I'm running Windows 7, Release Candidate 1, 64 bit.
Fresh download of Visual Basic Express and DirectX August (2009) runtime.

Looks like DarkGDK installed in Program Files (x86) instead of the 64 bit Program Files folder, which should be just fine.

Any thoughts?

Bill

Willy
Willy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 09:07
Still getting the error above.
However, I am also seeing that now it looks like I got a fairly clean compile. (I'm running a quad processor Intel.)

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3187: Referenced assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\DGDKPlugins.dll' targets a different processor than the application.

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3187: Referenced assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\DarkGDK.dll' targets a different processor than the application.

BeginnersTutorial -> C:\bin\release\BeginnersTutorial.exe

Done building project "BeginnersTutorial.vbproj".
========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Running as Administrator; opened up some of the file security settings. I'm still seeing:

Could not load file or assembly 'DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.":"DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1"}

Willy
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 13:00 Edited at: 8th Oct 2009 13:08
Willy,

In Visual Studio, for your project, you must change the Build platform to x86. The DarkGDK.NET toolkit was not designed to run on multicore architecture, which is why the warnings are appearing regarding the platform differences. You can change the compile architecture by going into the Configuration Manager, and change the platform type from 'Any CPU' to 'x86'

This should technically resolve the problem.

Paul.

[EDIT] I have been unable to test the installation for DarkGDK.NET on Windows 7, since I do not have the operating system running on native hardware. Only on VM, which unfortunately doesn't support 3DGPU integration. I'll need to investigate as to why the Global Assembly Cache is not being saught during the running of the program, hence your error being unable to locate the assemblies. By default, you should see all three assemblies under the GAC by going into %rootdrive%%WinDir%Assemblies and tell me if you can see all three files:

DGDKlib
DGDKPlugins
DarkGDK

If these are not present, then I'll need to guide you through how to install them.

Let me know of the result if that's ok.

Paul.

Cloggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 14:27
I've found that since installing the lastest DarkGDK.net, new projects created from the supplied templates show all the references as missing.

I just have to remove them and re-reference them in the project and everything is fine.

Maybe that's the problem here?

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 14:35
We'll have to see if the above does show any differences. I sincerely thought that the templates would work using the default installation paths, but this problem seems to be apparent on several systems, and fine on others. It's most perculiar.

Paul.

Willy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 19:01
Thanks!

Help me out here...
"You can change the compile architecture by going into the Configuration Manager, and change the platform type from 'Any CPU' to 'x86'"
Where is the Configuration Manager? Is this in Visual Basic, or Dark GDK, or the install process, or in a configuration file somewhere?
Also, I would think x86 can be multi-core, but when I find the Configuration Manager, I'll give it a try.

The latest VB Express 2008 shows a much different project start-up screen than what is in the tutorial. You might want to download and install the latest Visual Basic 2008 Express SP1 from Microsoft, just to see the differences.

In the "References" section, I can see the paths associated with DarkGDK, Libs and Plug-ins, but it says they are unresolved.
I can simply delete them and re-add them with the same path. (It remembers the paths correctly.) And then it works. But I have to do this every time I exit VB and return, as some others have said.

Appreciate your help!

Willy
Willy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 19:06 Edited at: 9th Oct 2009 00:31
Reading back through your e-mail...

When I click on the plugins in the start menu, I get an error.
Says not installed. I believe it is an access/security problem.
They may not be registering coprrectly? Or maybe the file security settings in Windows 7 is causing an issue?

I'll check later this afternoon.

Willy
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 03:44
Willy,

So that we understand what is happening, can you go to the following location using Windows Explorer, and tell me if you see the three main DarkGDK.NET assemblies?

C:\WINDOWS\Assemblies\

I assume that your Windows 7 installation is defaulting to C:\WINDOWS. The problem may be that because the three assemblies are not present, it is causing problems for you overall.

I'm not currently aware of how Windows 7 security handles the installation of programs if they are not Microsoft Certified. The DarkGDK.NET installer must be installed while logged on as an Administrator.

Can you check the above path and let me know if you can see the three assemblies registered?

DGDKLib
DarkGDK
DGDKPlugins

Paul.

Willy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 06:14 Edited at: 9th Oct 2009 06:46
Hi Paul,

In C:\WINDOWS\Assembly\ (Note different spelling of Assemblies)

There is:

DGDKLib version 1.2.0.0 x86 Processor Architecture
DarkGDK version 1.2.0.0 x86 Processor Architecture
DGDKPlugins version 1.2.0.0 x86 Processor Architecture

Is there any significance to the Public Key Token?

Willy
Willy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 06:44 Edited at: 9th Oct 2009 06:46
Paul,

In Dark GDK .NET / [DarkGDK.NET] Bugs report, (page 2) I found the
following post:

Holy Cow Coder, Posted 28th May 2009 02:44

Message="An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'DarkGDK, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

\r\nLOG: This bind starts in default load context.\r\nLOG: No application configuration file found.\r\nLOG: Using machine configuration file from c:\\WINDOWS\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v2.0.50727\\config\\machine.config.\r\nLOG: Post-policy reference: DarkGDK, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1\r\nLOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.\r\n"

The error message I'm getting is:

Message="An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

rnLOG: This bind starts in default load context.rnLOG: No application configuration file found.rnLOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.rnLOG: Post-policy reference: DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1rnLOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.rn"

They look identical... The thing I noticed is they both say:

"No application configuration file found. Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine."

Willy
Cloggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 14:17 Edited at: 9th Oct 2009 14:18
Paul,

In my Template zip files - My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Basic, the DarkGDKApplication.vbproj file contains incorrect details.

rather than

Notice they are referencing version 1.1.0.0 rather than 1.2.0.0

These just need to be changed in the install kit to fix the problem.

[EDIT] - Same obviously applies to VC# template as well.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 20:27 Edited at: 9th Oct 2009 20:28
Thanks Cloggy, obviously I neglected to update the templates (Thought I had funnyly enough)

Thanks for the correction.

Paul.

[EDIT] Still, I'm somewhat mistified over what's happening on Willy's system. I don't quite understand what is going on there, specially with a Windows 7 installation.

Willy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 20:46
Paul,

Also trying to bring up DarkGDK, and having issues there as well.
(See posts in DarkGDK.)

I don' think it is quirk with my specific machine, since "Holy Cow" (see above) had the same issue here. [Dark GDK .NET / [DarkGDK.NET] Bugs report, (page 2) Holy Cow Coder, Posted 28th May 2009 02:44]

I beginning to suspect it may have something to do with running Windows 7 64 bit on a quad processor machine. "Holy Cow" didn't mention what his machine configuration was.

Willy
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2009 17:42
Same problem, but easily resolved. My VB Express installation is on Drive D, the OS is on C - thus I get them installed on the wrong drive.

Willy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2009 19:57
OS, VB Express, DirectX and DarkGDK.net are all on the "C" drive.

However, the C: drive is under RAID 0+1. Don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Willy
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2009 22:11
Willy, I can't do it until during the week, but if you were to go to www.teamviewer.com and download TmVr version 4. I could hook up to your system and examine what's going on with the toolkit under Windows 7. I suggested using Team Viewer as I can actually run DarkGDK.NET applications remotely where as RDP (Remote Destop) does not support this type of video mode.

Paul.

Willy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 19:02 Edited at: 18th Oct 2009 19:06
Paul,

Installed TmVr version 4 & ready to give it a try.

Please let me know when you will be available.

Thank-you!

(Got several updates to Windows 7 from Microsoft. Looks like things are working better...)

Willy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:17:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:17:10