Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / is it worth it?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 00:24
I purchased fpsc x9 one or two years ago for $50 and i loved it. Now i have a Vista and I am thinking about getting fpsc x10. But since i already bought fpsc x9 for $50, an extra $70 is holding me back a little. Is it really worth it, should i just stay with x9? Or are there any discounts on x10 if i already purchased x9(i know but it was worth a try )?

Thanks.

-> [href]fpscmp.forums4free.org[/href] <-

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 01:16 Edited at: 27th Aug 2009 01:16
Even though X10 has better graphics and is superior to X9 and the fact that it's much more professional, support for X10 from TGC has been almost non-existant. All the work is being put into X9 and seeing as there's no particular reason TGC'd suddenly start paying attention to X10, it's probably better you stay with X9.

Put it this way; it took over a year for TGC to release ONE update that fixed issues that were there since release, and even then it was only because the community had had enough and started making a racket. After v1.09 was released, things went back to normal and X10 is being ignored once again, X9 getting all the attention. All the next update to X10 is going to do is fix bugs and integrate the store and there's no news on even that.

CDrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 18:51
Alright, now I have another question. X9 has all those model packs, do they work with X10 as well?

CDrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 19:02
Whoops, sorry, i just saw the thread regarding that.

The Proost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 20:08
Dont worry CDREW, TGC is working on X10 ( updates,media) 1000% worth buying!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 22:55
At this very moment FPSC X10 is lacking support because the majority of users are still on X9, most people don't feel like switching to the memory hog called Vista just for some shiny graphics while X9 still has the most features mod-wise, and most models available.

Look at it this way, if they update X9 the X10 users will whine, If they update X10 the X9 users will whine... There's always one unhappy party and there is no way to change that, we just have to accept that TGC is limited programmer-wise. I'm sure they'll get to patching up X10 as soon as they're done with most issues in X9, or when the majority moves over to Direct X10.

In my personal opinion it's worth buying and yet not. You should really figure it out for yourself. If you dislike the lack of updates and support right now though, I suggest you wait a little, and see if the price drops later on when they do release updates and such. Since you might not use it at this very moment anyway.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
CDrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2009 05:21
alright i just figured out that the graphics card on my vista wont even work with x10, so i would have to buy a new one for another $30. I'm just gonna stick with x9. thanks everybody.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2009 21:30
Quote: "memory hog called Vista"

You kidding ?

I get access to all my memory 100% of the time

Join the forums and download fpsc games here:
http://fpsc-games.webs.com/
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram,SoundBlaster Audigy,EFX Free Edition
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2009 19:03
Quote: "You kidding ?

I get access to all my memory 100% of the time"

Depends on your version, and so did I... However at times it eats away 50% of your RAM for no reason, otherwise it sticks at about 33% of it(Coming from my old 3GB of RAM that is, on my 6GB it takes about 25/16%).

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 06:40
X10 is full of bugs and (no support)
Sticking with x9 is the best option.
When they fix the bugs (maby 10 years time)
Then X10 will be better
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 09:05
Quote: "X10 is full of bugs and (no support)
Then X10 will be better "

Frankly the only bug I couldn't work around easily that I have found would be the fact it randomly forgets to build walls/entities... Or when you have too much Ragdolls in one level at the same time they no longer Ragdoll, but just stand there. Other then that it's pretty good and stable. IF you know how to work with it that is.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 21:04
Quote: "Depends on your version, and so did I... However at times it eats away 50% of your RAM for no reason, otherwise it sticks at about 33% of it(Coming from my old 3GB of RAM that is, on my 6GB it takes about 25/16%)."

well yea, some days I only get 50 mb of memory out of 4gb, I dont see any differnce in system speed though, I just reckon the vista memory usage is wrong

visit home page - http://fpsc.freephpbb3.com/index.php
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 01:20
Quote: "X10 is full of bugs and (no support)
Then X10 will be better"

Work on v1.10 is already supposed to be beginning. Plus, v1.09 fixed almost every bug in the engine, but there are still a lot more things that this engine could live up to.

Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 08:31
Fixed what (dynamic sound doesn't work)
And other things.
And show me what there doing for x10 (nill)
There still working on x9 even thow there almost giving it away.
When thy start to update again i'll believe it.
Untill then i'll go back to x9

Regards Stephen
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 02:08
Its slightly strange to still be early adopters of FPSC X10 18 months after release but we just have to accept X10 is not going to be supported to the same extent X9 is for the time being.

The v110 beta should be out soon but it's primary purpose is to integrate the store into the map editor. I'm hoping there will be some more fixes as its been confirmed no new features will be in v110. The betas will be aimed at ensuring all store assets can be imported successfully.
Gizmoguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 09:41
i bought x10 a few months back and have used it for like a week

I found theres so much more i can do/use for x9

id happily go back to x10 when they finally add the bloody tgc store into it as messing around moving files confuses me!

its a nice peice of kit and i love the water/ai additions over x9 but at the moment x9 works fine for me!

God in his heaven, alls right with the world.
Bloder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2009 14:51
Oh it is worth it! You feel so powerful when you download the ragdoll pack, shoot someone off a diving board and into some water.

If I were you, I'd make a game...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 22:43:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 22:43:40