Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How to export and load the TED castle demo into DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 11:44
Hi Folks.

I am stupidly stuck, and could do with a little help and advice please.

Here is what I was trying to achieve, just as a test so I understand everything.

So basically I am trying to export one of TED's demo terrains into DBPro, and then move around it.

TED has a demo terrain called "castle", after it loads in TED it starts the camera view under a bridge/viaduct. From there you could use the camera to go down the path to the next bridge, and follow things round up to a castle.

Basicaly I thought it would be a good lesson to try and achieve this in DarkBasic Pro. I already know how to do everything else, however the terrain is not loading/displaying as expected in DBPro, and is black on a green background. I can see the terrain is shaped, so it has that data, but its totally black.

So guess I am not selecting the correct export settings in TED, or that I am loading things wrong in DBPro - or both

Has anyone tried this? Any ideas welcome.

Regards.

David.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 17:56
Perhaps you can upload your code to look at, and for those of us who don't own a copy of TED, an exported model to play with?

BTW, I can already tell you are creating a camera when you don't need to - camera 0 always exists, and has a blue background, other cameras have a green background.

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 21:33
Quote: "...the terrain is not loading/displaying as expected in DBPro, and is black on a green background."

Try applying a texture to it and see if you can get it to show anything. I have had this problem before, and messing with textures seemed to solve the issue. Also, if it is textured with multiple images, try exporting the castle as an .x file and make sure that the images for it are in the same directory. It's worth a shot.

I have never used TED, but I would think it has this functionality.

There's something in this room that makes you can't speak well.
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 22:26
attachment:
doesn't look great but here it is (all as x files : terrain and scenery)
export settings used will follow

i think playing with the expoert settings will do

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 22:27
export screen pic

Attachments

Login to view attachments
sr71_sr71
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 00:02 Edited at: 28th Aug 2009 00:29
Thanks Scorpyo, thats superb YESSSSSS!

Turns out it was a mixture of TED export settings, dbpro code, and my knowledge.

There is an odd thing though the trees are on their sides? I will work that out (he says) at some point.

But you have answered my question and solved the problem, which is the main point for me. You dont know how good it feels to see this all working, and to see the code.

PHEW!

I am amazed at how little code is need to get it all working, so cool.

Thanks.

David.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 10:30:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 10:30:20