Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Recommendations for tutorials and examples?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 19:40
I've been working on an engine/frame work to build a 3D game with. Both in DB-pro and Blitz 3D, but I constantly hit problems that take ages for me to solve. Mainly by loading the individual properties of the map/world files (.dbo). Anyway, I've put that idea on ice for the moment, and I want the begin again from scratch. This time not with a goal, a game engine, but just to suck up all the knowledge I can get.

Now what tutorials, documentation and examples can you recommend? I basically seek tutorials that takes you step by step through a 'complete' game.

Regards,
Sph!nx
www.DevEd-portal.com
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 23:58
Well be sure to check the Developer Network on the TGC homepage, there are some great tutorials for DBP there. Also, check out the stickies.

-Zeus
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 13:07 Edited at: 29th Aug 2009 13:22
Thanks a lot. I've already checked the stickies and everything else 'official', like the developers network, code-base and the tutorials on the main site.

I would like to know of other resources too. Are there any other great resource sites or tutorials not that much posted around these boards?

Thanks

Regards,
Sph!nx
www.DevEd-portal.com
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 17:55
Check the bottom of the 'Tutorial Threads'. It's got links to other resources.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 10:31:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 10:31:35