Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / A question or two about Models and Textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 08:19
Okay, I am thoroughly confused. I create my models with AC3D, and texture them with it too, and so far have not had any problems. Now I am actually thinking about using them in my game, and I am wondering which types of model files DBP supports. The next problem is the texturing itself. If I load a texture on to a model in AC3D and use the texture coordinator to, well.. coordinate it, will the texture be packaged with it when I load the model? and if not, how would I re-texture the model within DBP with the same accuracy as the Texture Coordinator in AC3D?

Making my way through life one line of code at a time...
Wreckka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 21:58
Should I maybe post this question in the modelling area of the forum?

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2009 17:52
I initially use .X models when I'm developing, then when the project nearers completion I tend to convert them using DBP to dbo files.

Most modeling software will include the texture file with the output and DBP should load the texture automatically assuming you put the textures in the right place, relative to the model file.

Its also possible to texture the object manually by loading an image and using the texture object command.

You can also move the texture to line it up how you want with the scroll object texture command.

Try it and see, and let us know how you get on.

Hope that helps.

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
Wreckka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2009 22:53
Thank you so much

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 10:29:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 10:29:05