Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / trouble with making buildings in rts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, i am new to this db pro but i am determined to learn it.
I started making an rts and one thing i cant figure out is how to have a hud that has buildings that you can click and then click the level to make the building... and i know this is difficult to make an rts but i am determined to make one.
Wreckka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 04:15
I understand your determination, but I highly advise against taking such a huge project head on. I've been using DBP for over a year now, and I still don't try and tackle main projects head on. My advice, is to figure out several smaller (but equally interesting) programs to make while adding to your main game bit by bit, that way you learn as you go, and nothing gets stale. If you do many smaller projects of different varieties, you will have a much easier time learning different codes and techniques than if you just tried to tackle one big one (and constantly came back here for help). I promise you, if you try to do it all at once, your determination will cripple itself. Good Luck

Making my way through life one line of code at a time...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 10:22:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 10:22:55