Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Is there a tutorial for...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 01:57
Brick Breaker?

Of course, like everyone else, I want to make a 2D RPG :p But, I know that's for later and I won't touch that yet.

My question is, as stated above, is there a tutorial for Brick Breaker? I found another page (but forgot where it was ) that had graphics for it, and I think it'd be a good thing to start with. Would get some 2D physics in and stuff and help with a good start.

If you can find any tutorials that use a lot of arrays that would be good as well. I know with a 2D RPG arrays are going to be extremely prevalent and I will need to learn them well.

So yeah, that's about it :p Any tutorials for small 2D games and stuff would be nice.

Thanks

All hope is lost when one subjects to the malevolence of apathy. ~by me~
Trust in someone is a greater compliment than love. ~By me~
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 09:51
Not sure about brick breaker, arkanoid tutorials, but I think that the graphics are probably from the graphics buffet sticky, in the 2D Discussion board.

I think there's a few tutorials for pong, pacman and asteroids - but not sure if they go to the lengths of brick breaker.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Enigma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 23:24
Oh, okedokes.

I guess I will hunt for 2D tutorials a little later.

All hope is lost when one subjects to the malevolence of apathy. ~by me~
Trust in someone is a greater compliment than love. ~By me~
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 14:15
There is one that I'm working on, but it isn't finished yet. I don't have the collision between bricks and ball yet, but I'll send it to you if interested.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:51:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:51:09