Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / The super awesome phsyics game! [x9]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 14:38 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2009 15:34
THE SUPER AWESOME PHYSICS GAME!

Hey all, i noticed recently that even though fpsc has an absolutely AWESOME physics feature, there is only 1 physics game out that i know of, physix.

So, with this in mind, i made this, the super awesome phyiscs game!

overview
the super awesome physics game is a fun-filled puzzle game which challenges the player to use his mind, instead of his gun to solve problems. the super awesome physics game contains no weapons at all, but neither are there any enemies.
to win the levels all you have to do is find the teleporter at the end of the level which will take you to the next one, but it's not always that easy to find...
with increasingly harder levels, the super awesome physics game will keep you coming back for more, becuase nothing is quite as addicting as fun.

Features

.over 20 fun-filled mini-levels, each one making you think harder and harder to win.

.no enemies, just puzzles.

.jump gaps, stack boxes and solve other fiendishly tricky puzzles to get to the finish.

CREDITS

thanks to whetham for his vital segment pack.

thanks to wraith staff, for the idea to make this.

thanks to the game creators for their awesome FPSC physics feature!

SCREENSHOTS

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 14:47
Is it all crate stacking?

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 15:00
FPSC doesnt have any other special physics feature lol.If we would have ragdoll we could make swings ect.

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
We meed to have hinges and ball sockets
Imagine the possibilities

Game looks a tad plain so far. Going along with what CG said, see if you can avoid just stacking crates, use your imagination

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 15:05
coffegrunt

no, it's not all crate stacking.

djmaster

it doesn't? oh. well i still think FPSC has an extremely good physics feature (?) that is definately good enough for a game to be made using it.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 15:13
Ekipshi

Quote: "Game looks a tad plain so far"

sorry, i'm on post moderation at the moment.
i've tried to make the game very simple in terms of it's style, so not many entities.
i going to change the ambient lighting, and as i said earlier, i will not be having just crate stacking, you'll have to do things like go through mazes, balance on pipes, etc...

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 15:37
I hope that your post gets moderated soon! I want to see those maps!

PS: -.- ,,|,
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 15:41
uh-huh, please bear in mind that the main project i am working on is z-mod, this is just a little fun thing i was doing becuase i'm getting a bit bored of zombies.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 16:32
attached is a picture of level 2.

the levels are small in size, but the time it take to complete them varies wildy.

for example: in this level you need to go up a lift, but the door to the lift is locked, so, you need to make your way through 1 corridor, but there are two different ones, and one is blocked. (who's watching you?)

once you go through, you have to use some crates (I KNOW! IT WILL NOT ALL BE CRATES!) and some pipes to climb up three levels to reach a gantry with the key (a bannana, don't ask) to the lift on it.

like i said, i'm trying to go for a really low entity count to give it a unique style. i personnaly think level 2 i better than level 1 in style.

also, a note on music: the game will feature an incredibly random selection of (non-ripped) music, the help add atmosphere. (the games flows along bouncily, with fun enviroments and music.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 16:33
aww..... [censored! (by me)] i forgot to add the picture to that post and i can't edit it., never mind, here it is.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 16:40
here's another screen of level 2, the pipe bit.

Attachments

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 19:36
Quote: "i've tried to make the game very simple in terms of it's style, so not many entities.
"

The problem there is that EVERY physics game seems to have a very simple style

The screens look interesting but as others have said, a bit plain.
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 19:47
Very creative style. With a little imagination and some skill, you can make an awesome puzzle game with FPSC. Best of luck with this shadowfire.
-Adrian

I love Taylor Swift. She's awesome.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 20:12
Quote: "The problem there is that EVERY physics game seems to have a very simple style"

that's becuase you don't need MASSIVE entity placement to make a fun physics game, the style i've gone for is very surreal, so the entity placement has been kept to a minimum. it's just a style of making the game.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 22:01
another screen of level 2:

Attachments

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 13:40
UPDATE

ok, i'm remaking the first level, as i feel that at it's current standards it isn't good enough.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 22:47
Quote: "that's becuase you don't need MASSIVE entity placement to make a fun physics game, the style i've gone for is very surreal, so the entity placement has been kept to a minimum. it's just a style of making the game."

That is the problem. Every physics game on the forum uses a simple style - they are all the same. I've yet to see a physics game set out in complex environments...
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 22:54
there's only about 2. (that i know of)

there's a good reason for that.
physics games don't rely on entity placement and such to be fun, the key to making a good physics game is to have very simple enviroments that focus purely on the gameplay.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
shadowfire you should try Sail to the Moon by dude232. It has your idea of
Quote: "SUPER AWESOME PHYSICS GAME!"
in black and white. Also Umbra by butters was a physics/ puzzle game. I guess my point is that others have made physic games , but I wouldn't call them physic games, I would call them more puzzle games, racing, and etc. Also I was just messing around looking for the definition of a physics game and ran across this of 2d physics of yoda softbelly effect and other stuff, I just thought it was neat.http://phyz.ath.cx/ I do think from what I saw in the pics, shadowfire, you will have a promising game, but add a little of you in it and I not saying level design, I mean, something new.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 10:41
Quote: ".jump gaps, stack boxes and solve other fiendishly tricky puzzles to get to the finish."

Wow. Stacking crates... I wonder how that works, sounds tricky to me.
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 11:00
Quote: "Stacking crates... I wonder how that works, sounds tricky to me."

you have no idea.

i haven't played sail to the moon and umbra, but i wanted this game to have a similar style to many of the online flash games you can play, games like gravity master, super stacker (yes, ha ha) and totem destroyer.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 10:56
Quote: "The problem there is that EVERY physics game seems to have a very simple style "

Ofcourse they do! And that makes them better to me! They look simple! They don't need stuff here and there. Looks at portal! Simple but great. Simply great!

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 12:23
thank you! at least someone gets me!

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 13:36
Quote: "Simple but great. Simply great!
"

... and identical to every other.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 13:40
Quote: "Looks at portal! Simple but great. Simply great!"

That's the issue Butt Monkey's talking about...everyone makes their games like Portal...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 13:44
[rant]
i'd like to point out that i have NEVER PLAYED PORTAL!! OK!! NEVER PLAYED IT, OR ANY OTHER GAME THAT USES THE SOURCE ENGINE! I HAVE NOT PLAYED ANY FPSC PHYSICS GAME APART FROM THIS ONE! I HAVE NOT COPIED ANYONE! SO CAN YOU PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT MY GAME IS JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER! YOU'VE ONLY SEEN ABOUT 4 SCREENS!
[/rant]

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 15:16
[freakout]You haven't played Portal?

YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED PORTAL?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?

OR ANY OTHER SOURCE ENGINE GAME?????????????????????

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHH[/freakout]

The wallpaper and lighting in those pipe rooms is funky cool.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 15:31
thanks Aaagreen! and you have no idea how much i want to play half-life two, CS: source, portal, team fortress 2...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 16:25
Quote: "thanks Aaagreen! and you have no idea how much i want to play half-life two, CS: source, portal, team fortress 2..."

Those who haven't played Team Fortress 2, and truly those that never lived...

If you have an XBox, you can pick up a pre-owned copy of the Orange Box for ten-fifteen pounds, the best deal in gaming IMO...

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 16:46
Quote: "Those who haven't played Team Fortress 2, and truly those that never lived..."

I agree, if you change Team Fortress 2 to Half-Life 2

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 18:33
i don't have an xbox, i have a wii and a ps2.... though i never play the ps2 anymore...

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 22:26
Quote: "i don't have an xbox, i have a wii and a ps2.... though i never play the ps2 anymore..."

Snap

knxrb

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 22:32
...ok.

anyway, Please stop going off-topic, we don't need to know about what games i have and haven't played

Alt Schule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 22:58
This looks interesting.

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 23:02 Edited at: 5th Sep 2009 23:02
Sorry to bring this back off topic,but if your using an NVIDIA Graphics card you can snag HL2: Deathmatch for free

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 23:08
...i do! how!!!! HOW!!!

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 23:10 Edited at: 5th Sep 2009 23:13
http://steampowered.com/nvidia/ Click that, It'll give you the Portal Demo (already Released anyways) Hl2: Dethmatch, Hl2 Lost Coast, and peggle extreme, the Orange box themed peggle
You need to have steam installed, it should take you to install it if you don't.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 23:11
found it already! thank you so much ekipshi! this is gonna be awesome!

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
No problem, if you want, add me to steam (name= Ishpike) and we'll see who's best

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 23:18
Gahh! Why must I own a crappy ATI card!?

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 23:41
Quote: "we'll see who's best"

it'll be me. obviously. while were on that topic does anybody here play combat arms? quarantine mode is INSANE.
my name is 848shadow (yes, shadowfire was taken) add me as a friend!

anyways, back on topic.
the super awesome physics game that will probbably get renamed is being put on hold as i make THE SCARIEST GAME EVER.

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 02:37
Ouch... I don't play Combat Arms anymore, and quarantine mode was fun for a while, but with like 500hp for the undead the humans have a huge disadvantage. The other modes, firefight mode, the standard 140 kills - those were fun for a long while.
Good luck with the scariest game ever, is it for that Mind Trix competition? If so, good luck! I'm in as well.
-Adrian

Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 04:32 Edited at: 6th Sep 2009 04:33
Quote: "Ouch... I don't play Combat Arms anymore, and quarantine mode was fun for a while"

Lol, You should see my brother, its like he wants to marry it !

Well, I managed to distract him with warrock but then he got teird of that and tried Operation 7.

Cant believe how many free games he plays

Anyway, on topic :

Wow, looks like a nice game, cant wait for this ! , Wont have much time to play since im back at school, I havnt had anytime to update my games thread really

Quote: "FPSC doesnt have any other special physics feature lol.If we would have ragdoll we could make swings ect."

Lol, So your saying youd make a swing with X10 ?

Thats a pretty good idea acturly

visit home page - http://fpsc.freephpbb3.com/index.php
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 12:43
that sounds fun, you could make "the swing game" where you have to swing farther than an ai who get repeatedly harder. that sounds fun!

Quack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 14:02
So back on topic right? How is this going? I love puzzle games and it would be great if you finished this. (I know it's only been 3 days but yeah.)

Kaizokuroof (Quack)

The Curtain has fallen...
Scurvy Games = http://scurvygames.blogspot.com/
It's up and running check it out.
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 18:21

anyway, thank you for liking my game, and yes, i am going to finish this and release it for free. but at the moment my time is taken up with my mind trix game and my GCSE's. (can you guess which is most important?)

Can you solve the mystery of bunker 413?
Quack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 09:57 Edited at: 10th Sep 2009 09:58
Quote: "kaizoku = pirate in japanese right? i know becuase i've become hooked on one piece, the shoes awesome!"

Why yes it does. I love One Piece Kaizokuroof is actually made because I got these poor quality (Probs pirated) Dvds of eps 1-120 of One Piece off Ebay and the subs are so bad they call Luffy Roof so yeah hence Kaizokuroof

Quote: "(can you guess which is most important?)"

This game is way more important than mind trix I'm actually working on a physics/puzzle game at the moment for the Sci-Fi Christmas thing so I'm looking for ideas haha anyways hope you finish this I love puzzle games.

Kaizokuroof (Quack)

The Curtain has fallen...
Scurvy Games = http://scurvygames.blogspot.com/
It's up and running check it out.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 18:02 Edited at: 10th Sep 2009 18:03
Quote: "Lol, So your saying youd make a swing with X10 ?"

No. The ragdolls don't have player collision, and you cant weld bones to objects to allow a solid swing.

Quote: "absolutely AWESOME physics feature"

FPSC physics can't even handle a rolling object.

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemies
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 23:15
Quote: "Gahh! Why must I own a crappy ATI card!? "

Ever looked here?
http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

I must say, with the exception of Portal, I haven't really enjoyed any of the source engine games, even though I have tried them. I'm not trying to argue, but I simply don't like those games.
-Adrian

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 23:27
Thanks for the link...but saying yo don't enjoy Valve games? Where is your soul man? You have no soul...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 14:57:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 14:57:07