Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / importing treemagik trees into t.ed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i downloaded t.ed yesterday. I love the program and thought it would be perfect for a game. The only problem is that whenever i import a tree from treemagik it makes all of the branches 2d images. what i mean by this is that there is a little black box around the imported tree's brances. An image is attached and it is a picture of the tree after being imported.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sakar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 01:41
I don't think T.ed renders masks/transparency.
Sickly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 04:13 Edited at: 4th Sep 2009 04:22
T.Ed does not add transparency to props added from a source outside of T.Ed. when you export the terrain, set the export up, so that it will export all props as one large .X file. when you load the X file for the props into DB, you can add the transparency in DB and it will work perfectly. i prefer a medium transparency on my trees and plants when using T.Ed. Another useful trick i learned, is dont add alpha mapping to the .Xfile you are loading as your trees and plants. Should work just fine that way.

The darkest minds, are often the brightest.
cheese pwner
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you everyone for your help and support, i was playing around with t.ed and i changed it from a .x to a .b3d. It got rid of all of my problems. Thanks for your support anyway though

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 10:32:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 10:32:18