Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Build problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just got DarkGame Studios and when I tried to test Dark GDK it says that it can't build the game because it can't find the .exe!
What's going on and how do I fix it?
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 16:27
That usually means you are trying to run an app without having compiled/linked it into an EXE first...

Usually your IDE will auto-build your code if it has changed(or not been built yet), but sometimes the setting will get mucked up-Im not sure of the causes but there are numerous ways that I have managed to make VS lose its settings accidentally(painful when you have a solution with a large amount of projects that need to be re-configured manually and your last backup is pre-6hrs of work lol). You can change the setting by right-clicking on your solution in Visual Studio's solution explorer, selecting Configuration Properties and checking the box in the "build" column.

The above is assuming that you have installed Visual Studio Express 2008, DirectX August 07 SDK and DarkGDK in the correct manner.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Fps n00b
Years of Service
User Offline
It's already checked!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 05:21:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 05:21:25