Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Left-Handed Issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 04:27
Being new to this media, I was wondering if there is a Difference between the Right-Hand world and the lost Left-Handed?
Where-as programming is base, examples are not.
Being Left-Handed makes me ask for pictures/video for visual fortification, can that be worked out someway here for people like me.

Um, this is my first post, so if by chance it is in the wrong area, sorry.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 05:51
I doubt there's a difference because most games allow the keys to be customized. As the programmer you can make any keys work for your game... you don't even have to tailor your game to be used by Right-Handers either.

Leroy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 10:16
I kind of meant the tutorials as the topic.
Say DB Pro is line based but the tutorials are showing line based only and not visually guiding the viewer through the process and showing the outcome.
Is there any past posts that talk of this?
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 15:39
In the early days all games made were left-hand as it made it harder for a right-hand person to use.(fruit machines are left hand.)

eg
joystick on the left fire buttons on the right.

but now I think there no difference as they have trained this generation to use either hand.

however you can have fun changing things like the mouse pointer and where you put the menus, and the buttons like cancel.

left handed my self so your not the only one who find things wrong, at least we drive on the correct side of the road for left-hand person in the UK.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 18:36
There are many video tutorials of Darkbasic. To find them just type Video Tutorial at the bottom of this page in the thread subject search box.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 19:39
few here.

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=tutorials

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Leroy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 00:57
Do you know of past post "Header's" that talk of reading other games programs for,base types, attributes, line partitions?
I thinking of using this to create a drag and drop libary, so I could build a space game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 10:22:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 10:22:38