Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Positioning Camera Issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I'm just finished reading through a dozen tutorials, and made lots of demo's. But, now that I'm trying something without a turorial, I hit a roadblock. Well...Kind of. It's an issue with the position camera.

Basically, I want to set the cameras position & point it to where I want before the looping begins. So, I do that.

Now, if I place that before my loop, it will have seemingly no effect. (I compiled it a dozen times using various numbers, and I saw no difference.)

So now, if I place the same code in the loop, like so:

Doing that, it will position perfectly how I want it too. Now, for me, this isn't that bad, as I'm going to be constantly scrolling the camera, in which I'll replace the numbers with a variable. The question is more of; Why does it work like this? Why will it not position the camera if I place it before the loop?
castek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 04:43
just a wild guess here, try (if you havent already) putting
AUTOCAM OFF
at the beginning also, can we see some more of your code

this is where my signature is supposed to be.
MPQC
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, that worked. Thanks xD.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 10:27:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 10:27:05