Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Extends and Physx terrain problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 21:43
Is Extends and physx incompatible with each other? In the included code I have both the RTS skybox and a terrain for physx coded. Both codes run fine INDIVIDUALLY, But when I put the two together i get a silent crash without any type of error report. My guess is that, for the terrain code this line causes a conflict..... set terrain heightmap 11, "media\map.bmp". I came to this conclusion because before this problem i had to rename the texture values to a number higher than 10, so i am assuming that the extends skybox has the textures ID'd by default like the objects are.
the problem is now that it will get past the two textures that I renamed to (101 and 102) but crashes anyway because of this line ( set terrain heightmap 11, "media\map.bmp") I have tried loading and assigning an ID number to the map.bmp then adding the ID number in after set terrain heightmap but it comes back as invalid that way. So how do I fix this or can it be fixed?

tatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 16:26
It would be very nice to have an answer for this. In fact it would be nice if the developer of the extends Dll to fix more than just the skybox. On Vista none of the gui examples work, nor does the Asteroids example, the sky box does'nt work with physX....ect

I've now waited one day less of a week for an answer and NOTHING at all, Does the developer not read this board. Helllllloooooo?
MayoZebraHat 1979
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 14:59 Edited at: 25th Sep 2009 22:29
Funny thing about buying plugins like this. Extends' developer isn't really developing Extends anymore. Thegamecreators pretty much own it now and they don't do updates for it. There should be a 1.5 version that fixes the vista problems soon but it seems to keep getting pushed back. Use search and type in "extends" for some more info.

Oh, also it helps to put the whole project up in a zip so we can have the media files as well and not have to fix that or supply our own. People aren't always willing to go through the trouble. I'll look at it though.
MayoZebraHat 1979
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 23:08 Edited at: 25th Sep 2009 23:10
I think this is your problem. You are right that Extends RTS uses up some resource id numbers for textures/images. The good news is that Extends has functions that automatically allocate free resources for you. I also use the Find Free X() commands in Ian's Matrix plug-ins for terrains so that it doesn't conflict with plugin object used ids.

Here are some changes I made in your code that work:

Hope that helps and you can figure out where to use this.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 12:17 Edited at: 18th Oct 2009 12:19
Hi.

Sorry for the delay to answer ... I am rarely here now ...
I should release, before the end of the year, an update for eXtends ...
I own DarkPHYSICS and eXtends plugins activated. Send me an exemple that reproduce your silent crash and the 2 separate ones and I'll check this

Send this at fred ( at ) odyssey-creators ( dot ) com

I have 2 or 3 others bugs to fix for this release.

It will only be bugfixes because I'm no more the legal owner (TGC is)

There are chances that the problem you get is the one MayoZebraHat 1979 said. If not send me e-mail with what I requested.

Regards,
Fred.

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:10:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:10:28