Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 10 Difficult questions reguarding DarkBasic Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1. Is there a tutorial that at least scratches the surface on making applications on Dark basic Pro? ,or is it something that has to be learned on your own within alot of experience in dark basic programming?

2. Can dark physics in Darkbasic pro run on an ATI brand video card?

3. Can dark basic pro take advantage of CUDA?

4 Can games in dark basic pro detect SLI and/or Crossfire?

5. Is it possible for a game of the RPG genre made in Darkbasic pro to load sections of one big map when requested? Example: Half life2, stalker,.

6. Any reliable tutorial links to learning about game saving?

7.Whats the word on DarkBasic x10?

8.Is there A reliable tutorial on making a splashscreen appear before a game is launched?

9.Is there A tutorial on making A games settings menu? Example: Change resolution, anti-aliasing, quality, ect.

10. What is The most extensive game made in DBP as of now?

CPU: AMD Phenom9600 2.3GHz Quad-core HD: 800GB 7,200RPM
RAM: Corsair 3GB (800MHz) GPU: ATI Radeon 3870
MoBo: Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe OS: Vista 32 bit
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 12:10
1. Is there a tutorial that at least scratches the surface on making applications on Dark basic Pro? ,or is it something that has to be learned on your own within alot of experience in dark basic programming?

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=115633&b=7

2. Can dark physics in Darkbasic pro run on an ATI brand video card?

Yes

3. Can dark basic pro take advantage of CUDA?

Dark Physics will use Cuda if available

4 Can games in dark basic pro detect SLI and/or Crossfire?

Isn't that a feature of DirectX, rather than the game?

5. Is it possible for a game of the RPG genre made in Darkbasic pro to load sections of one big map when requested? Example: Half life2, stalker,.

You have to program the functionality. DBP is essentially a shortcut to DirectX, the game features are entirely up to you

6. Any reliable tutorial links to learning about game saving?

7.Whats the word on DarkBasic x10?

There is no word on DBP X10

8.Is there A reliable tutorial on making a splashscreen appear before a game is launched?

9.Is there A tutorial on making A games settings menu? Example: Change resolution, anti-aliasing, quality, ect.

10. What is The most extensive game made in DBP as of now?

FPS Creator? Evochron Legends? There's a few.

Colonel_Klink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2009 07:34
Quote: "8.Is there A reliable tutorial on making a splashscreen appear before a game is launched?"

After you have initialised the game mandatory stuff like;

I would suggest having a look in the tutorial section and the snippets as well. There is a goldmine of stuff there.
Cheers
Bob

Oh my gosh! He's wearing Full Metal Pyjamas!
--------------------------------------------
chwilly
Years of Service
User Offline
UH, search the forums. Learn how to progam. It takes work, time, patience, dedication. Nobody said it would be easy.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 21st Sep 2009 21:00
I'm only going to answer a few questions... the ones I don't answer I have no clue.

1. If you call your program a game it's a game... if it's not a game it's an application. I've created many more applications than games with Darkbasic Pro. If you need to automate something at work or for your favorite hobby you just start doing it... no tutorial is going to cover a specific application you need to make since it's always going to be something the masses don't really need themselves.

5. Yes... anything is possible if you code it right.

6. Yes, there are many tutorials covering saving/loading... you just have to search for them using the Thread Subject Search box at the bottom of the screen or better yet just experiment with code yourself. Open the help files in the FILE COMMANDS section and start messing with code.

7. We're mostly patient when it comes to the next Darkbasic Pro... it'll get here when it gets here.

8. Most of the time Darkbasic Pros window comes up so fast there's no time to put up a splash screen... but if you need to tell the user what's going on you've got a full screen to tell them.

9. I'm not sure if there's a specific tutorial for all of that but there are plenty of menu tutorials. The specific things you want may be in a tutorial but that's another thing you can search for using the Thread Subject Search box at the bottom of the screen.

10. I'm not sure about games but I think the most extensive application is the one I'm working on right now.

I'm with Chwilly. Some of your questions are solved with basic code (like saving/loading) and some of your questions require a lot more experience at programming. Don't worry about the hard stuff till you learn the easy stuff first. Darkbasic Pro is capable of doing really amazing things but it's up to the programmers skill at code to bring out those amazing things.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 10:32:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 10:32:43