Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Top down shooter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2003 01:01 Edited at: 28th Aug 2003 01:03
im making a top down shooter in DarkBasic PRo (like that old appogee game Raptor? )

I can load the ship, move the ship around, but it rotates (looks like it), but it moves in little bits. I have the back ground working (not in the code I posted), but the ship looks weird when it moves. Gets smaller near the edge of the screen and larger near the other edge.

What im looking for is help with the range of movment to be more then 0.0001. Really confused.

The ship withh fly towards the top of the screen for orientation direction

HELP!! lol

Thanks for the help
Falelorn

BTW im doing this in PRO not classic
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2003 10:29
seems fine to me, i had to use a cube instead of your model though, the movement is nice and fluid, i can't really see a problem

Falelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2003 10:51 Edited at: 28th Aug 2003 10:53
was the x and z values moving in the 0.00X ? does for me. Makes it really hard to set up things flying by. Dont know how to change that.

And when you move left and right the X and Z change not just the Z. up and down when its on the bottomg of the screen its fine, move it towards the top it moves to the right or left depending if your on the right or left side.
Falelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2003 00:40
ok i solved that problem.

Shooting seems to be a major pain in the butt.

I have objects moving, etc. I can hit the space bar and have a bullet form from the position of the ship. but movement is a problem as well as more then one bullet

Ive looked for help by searching the forums, and to no avail.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2003 03:50
Make a function to check if a series of shots already exist and use the first unused shot there is. Make another that goes every loop moving the bullets forward if they exist. Make another that deletes them if they hit something or their life span runs out. Good luck .

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball
Read It: http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
Learn It: http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:28:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:28:58