Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / lil problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
okay i don't understand why it isent working im following a guys youtube tuts evan tho he is doing a tree in tree magic but im using 3DWS

here is what i do i make a small model hut export it to .dbo so its ready for DBpro then i copy the extracted hut over to the Dark Basic pro projects Hut folder which im using then so far i have done everything right because the only diffrence is he is doing a tree so next i type this code which should put my hut near in the middle apprently but it doesen't it shows a gray screen which canny sucks here is the code

i have even tried changing the numbers for the positioning of the cam but still no help so please someone help me before i didn't understand stuff now i understand how to do it which is amazing just can't figure out for the life of me why it isent working

hello i love games
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2009 22:52 Edited at: 28th Sep 2009 22:52
The reason you're not seeing your object can be many things.
1) Your object is too big. I'm suspecting this because you see a gray screen, which might be a face of your object placed just in front of the camera.
Try making your camera values bigger, or scale your object down (halve the size using scale object 1, 50, 50, 50)

Other reasons might be:
2) It's too far away: try scaling it up, or position the camera closer to the center.

3) The object is offset to the origin. Meaning it will be positioned somewhere else than the origin. Most common reason for this, is creating that tree in 3DWS and not positioning it on the origin (I've never worked with 3DWS though).

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2009 03:56
You could also try adding the 'control camera using arrowkeys' command between 'do' and 'sync' to see if one of the problems Sven B mentioned is true.

A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it - Albert Einstein

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 10:22:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 10:22:28