Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Dark GDK.Net Compatibility

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 05:06
Hi. I've been progtramming my application, Virtual Movie Studio, in DBPro for the past couple of months and having issues with creating an easy to use GUI. While I can and have been working on a GUI using DBPro code I've come up against some issues that I can see as beeing major later down the track.
Some people mention using BlueGui, but before I buy it I having been looking at alternatives. I've experimented with the PureGDK demo, and it looks like PureGDK would work. However, I've been programming in VB 6 for a while now, and it seems more natural to move to VB.net where the code is more familiar.

This brings me to the point of perhaps opting for Dark GDK.net. But. What concerns me most is that I can find no list anywhere of any compatability list of plugins that work with Dark GDK.net.

On the Dark GDK.net sales page I read:
Quote: "* Some DarkBASIC Professional commands have been excluded, or have no GDK equivalent."
What commands are these?

Other points I wou;ld like to see clarified is what plugins work with Dark GDK.net?
Dark AI?
Dark Physics?
Dark Lights?
Extends?
Others?

Oh my gosh! He's wearing Full Metal Pyjamas!
--------------------------------------------
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 19:17
From what I've been able to find, there's very few plugins that have been made directly available for GDK.Net. I think the reason is that most of the plugins were made as workarounds for DBPro's shortcommings, which the .Net languages don't suffer from.

From previous posts I gather they are still working on porting Dark AI and DarkPhysics to .Net. Not sure what stage those are at right now. ApexNow was working on them last I checked.

Colonel_Klink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 22:52
Thanks, KISTech. I might look at dark GDK in the meantime and go to .net when there is more compatibility.

Cloggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 10:00
I've just started work on creating a D3DFunc.Net version of my plugin. Hope to have something available in a week or so.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 13:00
I'm working on DarkAI although it is quite difficult as it comes down to replacing the DLL entry points of the original plugin to link against the DarkGDK.NET API. I did a similiar trick with the old ODE Physics plugin. The process does take time though so DarkAI will be available soon.

Paul.

Colonel_Klink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 13:20
Quote: "I'm working on DarkAI although it is quite difficult as it comes down to replacing the DLL entry points of the original plugin to link against the DarkGDK.NET API. I did a similiar trick with the old ODE Physics plugin. The process does take time though so DarkAI will be available soon."

That's great, Paul. I look forward to seeing it.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 20:00
Hey Paul, maybe you should start a sticky listing the plugins that are currently available for GDK.Net. I can only think of one or two, but you probably know of several more.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 22:05
Well, one such place for plugins that comes to mind, is kBessa's site:

http://www.kbessa.net/

The official ones from TGC are not currently available until they're finished obviously.

Anyway, hope that's a start.

Paul.

Colonel_Klink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 23:40
Hi Paul. I couldn't find a list at Kbessa's site. I do think however that a sticky here with the list of plugins that do work with DarkGDK.Net would be a good idea.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 00:46
DarkNet comes to mind.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 09:18:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 09:18:08