Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How to Make A Water Shorline Move Like an Ocean And Have Ripples when walking on it. Help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2003 20:49 Edited at: 28th Aug 2003 22:12
ok Like the Title Says I Kinda need to know how to make an OceanShorline Water move like a real ocean and have ripples when you walk on it... Code is Attached. Pleasee Help

O And Also I am Having Trouble making a sword on the ground and picking it up like this.

rem Make a Sword in the distance
LOAD OBJECT "sword5.x",5
position object 5,600,10,700
scale object 5,100,1,100

rem If chartacter collides with Sword
if object collision(3,5)=1

rem pick up Sword
glue object to limb 5,3,4
position object 5,0,0,0
set object collision off 5
endif

Saying Object doesn't Exist i do have it in media but maybe since i found it in Static media files that changes something?

Help Please!!!!!

Live as if your were to die tomorrow... Learn as if you were to live forever
Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools
MicroMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2003 23:12
The easy thing about the ocean would be to have a water onject move up and down and flood the level... If you have a matrix mesh with deformations, you could have a large cube that existed beneath the mest, and have it move up and down... There won't however be any swells, just a very quick tide.

As to the ripple effects, you could have a water object beneath the player object's feet -- an object that was synchronised to the swell.

I don't have the code for that, but I can't see why it shouldn't be possible.

-----
They SAID that given enough time a million monkeys with typewriters could recreate the collected works of William Shakespeare... Internet sure proved them wrong.
-----

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:34:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:34:24