Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / X Quad Editor...So many questions, but who has the answers??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2009 07:47
I have some questions about the X Quad Editor...does it run on vista 32 bit? The reason I ask is that I downloaded the demo game and it fails to work, it crashes for some reason and there is no trial or demo for the software itself that I have found. Another question I have is, is it like FPS creator with the editing, just with a little more features and you can make like a 3rd person rpg? Also once you create the game, does that allow you to edit the code with DBpro or can you edit as you go? Any other help or chime in if you have used or know someone who uses this software would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2009 14:38
Which DirectX version are you running? What version does the readme specify (if any)?

Did you get an error message when the software crashed, or did it do a silent fail with no message, just shut down?

Were you able to try and run the software as an administrator?

The software looks like it is compatible with DarkBasic Professional, so it may have to have the same tweaks as if you were running DarkBasic Professional. Check out the Vista Computability thread on the DarkBasic Professional Forum here for any tips that may help.
Scoob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2009 20:55
I am running DX 10 and no the readme specifies nothing. I do get an error message, it just says that game.exe has stopped working and will look for solutions. The same happens when I run as administrator.
lordDUM
Years of Service
User Offline
you should try to install the microsoft sdk for direct x ... sorry the link I lost but the support help ... then x quad will run perfect
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2009 13:17
I don't own the software, and have not found the specs online, but I will be willing to bet since it can be configured with Dark Basic that you will need DirectX 9.0c added to your system.

This does not replace DirectX10, but will sit alongside of it. DarkBasic products do not use DirectX 10.

For more help check out this Vista/Windows 7 compatibility thread.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=104612&b=1

I also apologize for taking so long getting back with you. I lost my internet connection before I could follow up, and see if you had replied.
YavinB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2009 03:37
I use DX 10 and Vista, a lot of programs for Win98-XP won't run. If that's any help.

If involves money I'm in. (only if it Benefits me)
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2009 06:13
DX9 and DX10 are different, and You will need DX9 to run many programs including any programs written in the released version of DarkBasic Professional. The good news is that you can install DX9 and it does not replace DX10, but will work along side of it. Just follow the advice in the link I gave earlier. I still can not confirm that X Quad will run even after you do that, but I feel that will help you to get it running.
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 00:39
urr.. Don Malone, those are two different users who posted, they just have the same avatar xD
But seriously, you should follow Don's advice - it's necessary to have DX9 for DBP and most other TGC apps.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Docwes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2009 19:40
i'm also interested in knowing anyone who has extensively used x-quad seems support is scarce. Can anyone recommend this?

Thanks,
Doc

Coding is good~ All the time!
http://www.docwes.net/sigv2.jpg
ChristianRoule
Years of Service
User Offline
I came across this piece of software and got very excited. It seemed like it could be, with some work via DBPro, a 3D version of RPG Maker. Tile-based map making, event triggers, everything an RPG Designer could want.

However, I cannot get either the demo or the sample Treasure Hunter game to run on either my desktop or laptop, both running Windows XP Pro. It's frustrating because there is no support available for it. http://www.odyssey-creators.com/ doesn't seem to go to anything.

Does anyone know who supports this product? Heck, does anyone know how to get it working? It could be a great tool if people worked on it, but right now it seems rather useless.
Docwes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 23:52
I got it to run on windows 7 but when i tried to build a test level it crashed hard.Any one else try windows 7 with this. And is there anyone actively supporting this. The website just has a redirect never get to the actualy site.

1. Other question if the creator reads this. Where is the source located for this to extend it?

Thanks
Doc

Coding is good~ All the time!
http://www.docwes.net/sigv2.jpg

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:23:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:23:42