Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Object destruction - Best way how?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2003 06:57
What is the best way to have an object blow up?

ie) a tank blows up, the turrent, barrel, treads blow away.

Would you make each item seperate and when the tank blows up, delete object 1, place the other objects in the explosion and then have them go out on random vectors

or

Is there away to make the object with limbs and then have it go that way?

I dont want each explosion to look the same.

Thanks in advance for your help / ideas

Falelorn
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2003 16:55
somebody actualy wrote a code snippet that exploded an object as a bunch of polgons, IIRC it was a horse and when you pressed the spacekey it exploded, most cool effect, any of those you mentioned would work, or you code the explosion as an animation in your model editor several times with different results and play it back when the object explodes, just pick one of the sequences at random, I think it was Mr toad who did the explodeing horse effect, you might ask him, cheers.

Mentor.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2003 17:13 Edited at: 29th Aug 2003 17:13
Quote: "somebody actualy wrote a code snippet that exploded an object as a bunch of polgons, IIRC it was a horse and when you pressed the spacekey it exploded, most cool effect, any of those you mentioned would work, or you code the explosion as an animation in your model editor several times with different results and play it back when the object explodes, just pick one of the sequences at random, I think it was Mr toad who did the explodeing horse effect, you might ask him, cheers."

It was ESC who wrote that. It was an exe not a snippet IIRC and actually read polygon datad straight from the .x file.

p.s. Heard of sentences mentor?

Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't
Bus station = where bus stops. Train station = where train stops. Workstation = ?
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2003 17:32
sten...senet...setn ...er!! ...no!!, anyway, twas ESC that did the deed and it was an exe not a snippet, sorry, anyway David89, I think you mean para...perig...porygrafs, or something like that , commas delimit sentences, just too much trouble to format and indent porygraphs as I type, slows me down too much

Mentor.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2003 17:47

Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't
Bus station = where bus stops. Train station = where train stops. Workstation = ?
Falelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2003 23:50
LOL

Good idea on the animation. I shall have to play around me thinks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:31:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:31:10