Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Annoying problem PARSER ERROR

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 00:43
Hello fellow programmers, I'm having a problem with my game. Whenever I compile it, I get an error message saying PARSER ERROR and UNDEFINED PARSER ERROR. What this means I have no idea, the only piece in my code with parsers is my function, but I believe that my function is alright. Here is my code if you're interested:

Do you guys see any problems with the code? Because i sure don't.. Please help me and thanks in advance.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 07:13
It compiles fine here with version 7.4. Are you running this version also?
Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 11:55
Try saving the exe without running it, then run it also make sure the game isn't already up.

TheCleverGuyz
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 13:09
@Benjamin: Yepp, it's version 7.4

@HL Dude: That was the problem, the game was running in the background after the last run. Ending the process fixed the problem. Thanks.

Dreamsenshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 23:21
Quote: "@HL Dude: That was the problem, the game was running in the background after the last run. Ending the process fixed the problem. Thanks. "

Agreed! I discovered that problem myself just yesterday; same exact thing.

Your error is my treasure. =^--^=
GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Even though you figured it out, I thought I would post this. The same thing happened to me a few times, and my program WASN'T running. My problem was that the program was being compiled in my Dropbox folder, and the Dropbox program was accessing it.

Dropbox is a program advertised on these forums somewhere that creates online backups of your stuff, so I thought it would be a good idea to keep a project there, but you run into problems when compiling sometimes.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2009 08:44
Yeah, there's a similar issue with the new editor as well.
It doesn't warn you about certain things that the old one did; for example I tried rewriting a small project several times because it would suddenly just freeze up and state the highly generic error message

It eventually turned out that this was because I was trying to name a constant null, which is apparently a reserved word.
The old IDE told us so, so why not the new one?
And isn't it the compiler which discovers this anyway?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:18:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:18:39