Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Using Evolved's light scattering reverses the screen?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, not the whole screen, just the actual "scattering" effect. Here is a screeny: (attached)

and here is the code for the shader:

Code that updates it:

And finally, the code that sets the scattering up:

Why would it reverse the image? It also makes the image a bit lower. What!?

Your signature has been erased by a mod

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 08:51
It looks like the syncmasking code may be wrong from the image, but I cant see where from the code you have posted(thats really a guess more than anything), I would ask the question that the projection matrix being set in the shader manually, does it match the one you have setup in you scene ? If it's different it could make a difference.

The Projection matrix describes FOV and near far distances among other things.

Only thinkg I can suggest, I guess you would already have done, would be to check and double check all the variables to make sure they are what you want them to be and that all the rotations and positions are correct. If you cant figure it out in the context of your game, maybe making yourself a little demo, just to get the scatterning effect working on it's own, then transplant that into your game. That would tell you if its the shader or your update code that causing the problem(its alot easier to fix initial shader issues in small demos than in the context of a working game where there could be other shaders and multiple render passes to deal with lol)

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
I will get it working at a later date :s it also decreases my fps a ton so Ill leave it out for the time being but i have things to try later on now tho. cheers

Your signature has been erased by a mod

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 03:39:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 03:39:50