Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Reset obj center?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 04:39
I have a model plane however it's coordinates make its yaw movements rotate from the center... is there a way to set it to the nose of the plane? Technically incorrect, but the way it currently moves makes it look like its sliding sideways on ice.

If at first you dont succeed, LOWER YOUR STANDARDS.
revenant chaos
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 14:47
If I understand what you are asking, you could use the Offset Limb command to do that. Look at this example, I think it is pretty self explanatory.

Notice that I am offseting limb 0 to adjust the point around which the object rotates.
NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 17:34
The Fix Object Pivot command might also do what you want, although if memory serves me it only works with angles.

sneaky smith12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 17:56
Quote: "If I understand what you are asking, you could use the Offset Limb command to do that. Look at this example, I think it is pretty self explanatory."

Thanks, works great.

Quote: "The Fix Object Pivot command might also do what you want, although if memory serves me it only works with angles."

Nope, but that answered my next question.

If at first you dont succeed, LOWER YOUR STANDARDS.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2009 03:28
Quote: "The Fix Object Pivot command might also do what you want, although if memory serves me it only works with angles."

Your memory is right.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 10:27:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 10:27:19