Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with finished executables (and sync problem)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Nb: TLR at the bottom if you cba to read the wall of text.

I've been having a few problems in my attempts to finish learning DB and start making "My First Real Program" (I've made a few arcadey 2D games, but nothing really decent), and the usual suspects (updating DX, updating drivers, uninstall/reinstall) dont seem to fix them.

My first problem is pretty major. Certain programs (including the example "MangaRPG" program in the 2D forum, and, more significantly, MatEd, which is an important part of my game design process, jutter while being run, certain fields which should accept input don't accept it, and my mouse "blurs" across the screen as if it's not being correctly cleared. My system is pretty good quality (dual core processor, HD4850 graphics card, 2GB ram).

If there's an easy fix to these problems, I'd appreciate it, but if not, does anyone know a nice alternative matrix generator program?

The other problem is less major. The sync function doesn't work as expected, or as it worked in Dark Basic normal. I've got around this by typing Sync twice consecutively in the program (as the help file appears to have implied). Is this normal, or is this another problem?

TLDR: Programs running oddly, any fix? Any good matrix generators besides MatEd? Is sync supposed to be typed twice in dbpro?
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2009 03:27
I'm not sure what the first problem could be - post your OS, and go to Start->Run and type dxdiag. Look at the last line and post your DirectX version.

Quote: "The other problem is less major. The sync function doesn't work as expected, or as it worked in Dark Basic normal. I've got around this by typing Sync twice consecutively in the program (as the help file appears to have implied). Is this normal, or is this another problem?"

Have you called SYNC ON?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 10:26:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 10:26:04