Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [HELP] Newby problem, objects not loading!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all, new to DBPro here and I'm having some issues.

I have a great idea for a game I would like to make, I have some experience with DBC and just downloaded the trial of DBPro. My problem is that I can't get any objects to load into a test code. I made a sample object in Blender (the gingerbread man, of course) and have tried exporting in both .x and .3ds formats. For each of these i get the 7018 error (can't load) and a "not responding" error for each of them, respectively. The code I'm using just to try and load them is as follows:

Am I having a syntax error or what? I have gone through all the stickies and used the search function for help, but most of them suggest just reloading the files into blender and re-exporting. I have tried this and the same problem continues. Can I get some help with this?
Sickly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 06:51
put the file you are loading, into your project folder that contains your source code. (usually in a folder inside that project folder called "Media") and your code would be load object "media\objectname.x",1.

The darkest minds, are often the brightest.
Bursar
Years of Service
User Offline
You're also mixing \ and / in the path to the file. I don't expect that's helping either
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 18:24
DBPro can also be picky about export settings from your graphics app. Especially with .X models.

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 18:48 Edited at: 15th Oct 2009 18:49
Also, if you are trying to position the "GingerBreadx.x" model in the loop, you would need to: "Position Object 1, 0, 0, 0" not 2.

Try:

There's something in this room that makes you can't speak well.
Tomgrazz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you all, after compiling your advice into my code I was finally able to load my object from Blender .

However, now a new issue has arisen: After animating my object and re-exporting the object, I get the exact same error message.

How do I work around this? The object is that of a pokeball and the animation is simply the pokeball opening.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 10:36:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 10:36:42