Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My game menu

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a problem with my menu i have posted the source what happens is it doesnt load up any of the text or menu code or anything can someone help out

You got one chance
TeePee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2003 14:11
heyhey

ok i had a quick look at your code and what was happening was that it was just doing all that stuff at the beginning, the stuff in main_menu then going on to the do loop and just getting caught in that and it never actually did main_menu2. now i changed your code a little but and i replaced your gotos with gosubs in the main loop because thats the kind of thing you need to do with a menu. i didnt change to much of your code but just a little bit to give you an idea and let you sort the rest out for yourself good luck
Da_real_sonic
Years of Service
User Offline
cheers man

You got one chance
Da_real_sonic
Years of Service
User Offline
do
cls
if menu = 0 then gosub main_menu
if menu = 1 then gosub main_menu2
sync
loop

It highlights LOOP and says file does not exist and how does menu=1 should i inclue If returnkey()=1 then menu=1 or something like that??? can you try your code out or anything that can help me!??

You got one chance
TeePee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2003 10:21 Edited at: 1st Sep 2003 10:23
yea mate you need to put

if returnkey()=1 and menu = 0 then menu=1

in the loop or if you want, put:

if returnkey()=1 then menu = 1

in the main_menu gosub but if you do the later option make sure that you do

menu = 0

at the beginning of the code or it will never get to main_menu. as with the file thing i assume youve got db classic?? i remember when i had it if i had a file that it couldnt load because it couldnt find it then it would highlight loop for some reason...probably just an error but i think that it would just mean that it cant find one of the files.
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2003 20:02
umm.. since ur makin menu's, mind tellin me how to do this, to make a button to say play, options, ect. so when they click it does what i want it too?

You did what? For who?! For how many jellybeans?!?
TDK_Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2003 22:29
If anyone wants to see how I did it, you can download my menu system from the downloads page at http://www.matedit.com.

It doesn't use any media (all menus created in code) and contains a demo program and all the source.

TDK

MatEdit Pro Info & Progress Reports: http://www.matedit.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:29:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:29:36