Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / New and with a question.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi im new and just wanted to ask a few quick questions.
Firstly i was wondering with darkbasic is it possible to make an RPG just like baldurs gate 2? and when you make a game do you have to write a program to make the levels and the characters and stuff? and which is best Dark Basic or Dark Basic Profesonal?

Thanks for your time.
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2003 21:48
neo: first of all, welcome to the forums
second, if you are going to post here often, then get your boards strait(your posting on the 2d questions board)
third, it would be quite a stretch to make baulders gate on dbc...not saying it can't be done, but is i were you, start small...it would prebably take 2 years+ to make a baulders gate game on db and it would not be as good(not to scare you off)
fourth, probably at this time i would buy darkbasic pro...it is quickly becoming the most popular here(to my dismay)

hope it helps
Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Alias Neo
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahh fantastic..and thank you ok ill buy DBP then and is it possible to actualy make an rpg then? or is that for 3d? or 2d?
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2003 22:34
goto http://www.mojomagic.co.uk

goto the equilibriam section. this game is more like ffVII style, but it does shoe that an rpg can be done in dbc, as well as dbpro.

btw: check out there other stuff, it is truly awsome!!

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Alias Neo
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thank you i will look

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:24:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:24:14