Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / splitting screen for game that includes both of 2D and 3D together

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello everybody.I am just interested to start making games. I I have a game plan that includes 2D and 3D together. I'd like to split the screen into two section(left and right)-One section for 2D game (likes Tetris) and one for showing some 3D animation. This Games look likes O2Jam.

I don't know how to design and program.
May you have some idea please ?

("I'm sorry, I'm not skilled in English)

peaceful which without any affection -that is the real mind

Attachments

Login to view attachments
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 00:00
do you know how to program in dpro?

forever loading...
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
It will all be 3D, but the 2D part will be flat 3D. The split screen can really just be a background with a divider in the middle. The tetris tiles can be sprites, or plains. The Tetris game check for lines will be an array.

Dim Tilemap(15,30) something like that. Filled with numbers for different shapes.

The 3D animation could be mathematical, an animation saved from a modelling package. effects, and filters, and shaders, lights, or whatever you have in mind.

Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 18:10
You are able to set the camera viewport to any part of the screen. The 3D portion will only show up in the camera viewport.

So, for example, setting the camera viewport to 0,0,400,600 on a 800x600 screen will put the 3D on the left side, leaving you the right side to have 2D graphics, text, etc.

Rich

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 23:19
I think this code will help you. It sets up multiple cameras and has a Tetris-like game on the left and has 3D spheres bouncing around on the right. The spheres are not animated, but you could easily put something animated there.

I hope this is helpful.

LB

So many games to code......so little time.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 23:55
not sure why you created a second camera there, LBFN; i use the method rich described. care to enlighten?

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 00:18
By having a second camera, you have more flexibility with the 3D side. You could move the camera at will, independent of the 2D side. It could make for some cool effects.

So many games to code......so little time.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 00:56 Edited at: 20th Oct 2009 00:56
Quote: "By having a second camera, you have more flexibility with the 3D side. You could move the camera at will, independent of the 2D side. It could make for some cool effects."

I haven't gotten around to trying more than one camera, but it's something I really want to play around with. I'll be sure to try your code snip above, when I get home tonight.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:25:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:25:41