Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help wanted by dim wit, DB Classic media editor for 3D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2003 01:34
I have run out of time on my trials of milk shape & a couple of others. All I want is a bit of software that will read the models that come on D B. CD without telling me file not reckognised. I have tried about 6 progs. & lots of forum posts tell me to use milkshape or others to build in, but not what will edit DB's own models. None existant bank balance for expensive software at moment so haveto rely on free trials. Only interested in 3D cos I do understand paintshop & photoshop & relevant file extensions etc.
Realy getting desperate Help greatly appreciated
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2003 04:00
well, milkshape is only 20 bucks so maybe you can scrounge that up. What formats are db models in? In milkshape you work with native ms3d files but you can export to a whole slew of types, including X format for use with dbp. I am just glad I can use native 3ds format again with patch 5. No more batch compiling x's.

-RUST-
lothlorien
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2003 18:02
Can't buy stuff in mid Wales UK. No shops. So your stuck with mail that gets lost e bay etc.
SO please can I read DB .X format into milkshape or some place.

It may be a stupid question, but only if you know the answer!!!!!
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2003 18:56
check if the Amapi website are still offering their free modeler, you download an older version and the password for just registering, I downloaded it and took a quick look and it loads/saves 3ds, so you could save as 3ds and use the DB 3ds to x converter I would have thought, not to sure on that since I have never got around to 3d modeling.

Mentor.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2003 19:22
Why are you trying to open x files, you may not be able to is what I mean, as x is compiled (any modeller gurus feel free to correct me) Get any free 3d app that can export x format and your golden. Look into gmax. if gmax can save as 3ds, then you can use conv3ds.exe to compile 3ds to x for dbpro, or use 3ds natively if running pro with update 5.

-RUST-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:21:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:21:59