Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Loop Transition: Freezes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First off, thank you all for helping me with my previous problems, it is much appreciated. Here is my next biggest issue:

I have animated 3D objects in use for my menu screen (held in a Subroutine) and when trying to exit it and begin the main game DB freezes up on me. I tried searching for the same issue and all I could find was an alternative of "hide object" instead, which still caused the same problem. I'll truncate my code and post what matters:

Now, the current part in the StartMenu that exits it and tries to go to the main game looks like this:

And is then topped off with "Return", even though I'm unsure if it is necessary due to the "goto"

my DeleteALL() Function is as follows:

The original DeleteALL() had "Delete Object n" which froze up, just like "Hide Object n"

I've also tried the "Delete Objects 1 to 7" (only 7 objects in my menu) with the same results .

I can only assume it is a syntax error, seeing as how I have tried numerous solutions and end up with the same problem. Input?
Tomgrazz
Years of Service
User Offline
Been changing random things with it for the past few hours, code now looks like this:

Still the same problem. It has to be something I've done wrong, but continuous searching has yielded no results.
Tomgrazz
Years of Service
User Offline
Bump: This is the only thing holding me back from continuing with my game any help is mega appreciated.

Even a good chastising is welcomed.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2009 21:49 Edited at: 31st Oct 2009 21:50
Generally - but not always - DB freezing is caused by stack errors.

This is often down to using Goto in subroutines and not returning to the subroutine so the Return can get the return value off the stack.

The short answer is not to use Goto's and format your program correctly.

Program Layout

Menus

TDK

Tomgrazz
Years of Service
User Offline
much appreciated!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:18:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:18:22